Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Create Your Own Backgrounds

Hello Everyone.  I hope you are well and happy!

Today I would like to share some cards I created using the Tim Holtz Distress Inks and water to create some gorgeous backgrounds for cards.  The cards are A2 size (4.25" x 5.5").



This 1st card was created using an unbranded Star die I purchased from AliExpress and Distress Inks in the following colors:  Candied Apple, Abandon Coral and Barn door.  I used an Embossing Folder with a Star pattern and my Cuttlebug to dry emboss the top mat which measures 4" x 5.25".

I placed the 3 inks on my craft mat at spritzed each with some water.  I then placed the white card on top of one color to pick up some color, rotated the card and placed on another and so on.  I dried with my heat tool and repeated the process until I was happy with the result.

I used the "left over" piece of star from the die cutting process to pop up on foam and placed in the middle of the cut out for some dimension.  I heat embossed the sentiment on Vellum, for the finishing touch and sparkle I added clear sequins here and there.


The 2nd card was a bit simpler in design using an unbranded dies from AliExpress and Distress Inks in the following colors:  Seedless Preserves, Peacock Feathers and Aged Mahogany.   I heat embossed over the word Lovely with Ranger Black Embossing Powder for some shine and thickness.  For the finishing touch, I used Tonic Nuvo Drops in Crystal for some interest.  


If I may say so myself, this is my favorite of the group!  This time I used the Distress Inks in the colors Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire to create this awesome background.  I ran the card mat through the Cuttlebug using an Embossing folder with a Burst pattern.  I die cut the middle and the dimensional piece with 2 unbranded dies from AliExpress.  The Dream wording is also an unbranded die that I heat embossed with Ranger Black Embossing Powder.  I again used Nuvo Drops in Crystal to add some interest. 



Last but not least, I wanted to see how the colors would look against a Kraft colored card.  The Distress Colors I used here were:  Mowed Lawn, Tea Dye and Spiced Marmalade.  I cut 1/2 inch strips and die cut a circle for the focal point.  The front of the card was embossed using an embossing folder with dandelion images.

The flower die cut was colored using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in the colors Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint.  The sentiment was heat embossed with Ranger Black Embossing Powder.  I finished the card by placing Nuvo Drops in Bronze around the card.


I hope you enjoyed today's blog post and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

** I support the following challenges:  CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #48CardzTV Anyting Goes Challenge #49


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!