Thursday, August 30, 2018

Cardz 4 Galz Design Team Project - Challenge #79

Hello and thanks for visiting!  Today I'm sharing my design team project for the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #79.  The theme this round is Beautiful Backgrounds:  Create your own background and NO designer/patterned papers allowed.

This was a fun one for me, I chose to use the Retiform Technique.  The technique is an oldie but a goodie and it's been awhile since I've used it; I'd forgotten how enjoyable this technique is to create.

I pulled out 5 different stamp sets, some distress oxide inks in the colors wild honey, salty ocean, vintage photo and worn lipstick as well as white, black and kraft card.  I accented with faux pearls for the finishing touch.  One tip I have for you … be sure to allow the ink to dry before stamping.  I worked on a section at a time...a little time consuming but well worth the effort.

I hope you were inspired to create your own background without using patterned papers and to try this Retiform technique.  Please join us at Cardz 4 Galz this round for some fun and inspiration.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Card entered in the following challenges.  For a listing of daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly challenges, please visit Challenges for Days.

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1834
Creativ Fusion #3
Cute N Crafty #8
Digi Choosday
Carlin's Card Paradise
Creative Moments
CardzTV #62




6 comments:

  1. Love the background you have created. Thank you for joining in challenge #3 at Creativ Fusion Arts & Crafts challenge blog. Angela DT https://creativfusion.blogspot.com/2018/08/challenge-3-four-seasons.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs first challenge.
    Good Luck !

    Carla (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, Donna, I've never come across this technique before, but it's very effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic design...Thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at challenge Digi Choosday Crafting
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Donna - great colour combination.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cute'n'Crafty Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!