Saturday, August 11, 2018

Sketch Saturday Challenge Week 2 - Biker Girl

Hello and Happy Saturday!  Today I'm sharing my design project, as a Guest Designer, on Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog.  Every week there is a new challenge sketch to follow and several designs to gain inspiration from.  I will guest designing during the month of August and here is my design for this weeks' challenge:


The Sponsors for this weeks' challenge is LeAnns World 101.  I chose to use the Biker Girl Digital Image.  She is adorable and stylish with her biker gear, helmet and fingerless gloves.  

In addition to using the image, the sketch to follow for this weeks' challenge was a tricky one, or at least for me! 


When I saw the sketch I thought wow, that's going to be a fun challenge.    I couldn't figure out how I was going to incorporate those squares.  I had a breakthrough moment when going through some scraps in my stash.  I came across some Gelli prints and the lightbulb went on!  

I used squares from the Gelli print and colored my biker gal based on the print. I used Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers for the little Biker and her Scooter.  Dry embossed a black mat using the Cricut Swiss Dots folder and stamped/heat embossed the sentiment, which I thought was totally appropriate for a Biker...Free Spirit!

I hope you'll pop over to the Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog and join in the fun.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

** Card entered in the following challenges:



2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous so colourful Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!