Saturday, November 21, 2020

Ornamental Shaker Card

 Hello and Happy Saturday!  I've had a lovely day at the Craft table and I hope you had the opportunity to do some Holiday crafting as well.  Today's make features elements from the Hero Arts October 2020 Monthly Card Kit, Silver Mirror Card, Glitter and Fine Eyelash Yarn. 


I created a shaker card using the Ornament from the Hero Arts Kit.  I die cut the ornament using silver mirror card, die cut 2 Reindeer and put the shaker element together adding 2 types of fine glitter for the inside.  The designer papers are from the Doodlebug Designs "Winter Wonderland" 6x6 paper pad, the sentiment and tiny Reindeer are also from the Hero Arts kit, the fine eyelash yarn came from my stash (purchased from an Etsy Seller a few years ago).


I'm pleased with the results as Shaker Cards are definitely not my specialty.  I took an extra bit of time making sure to get every piece of the shaker element correct.  My husband said just the ornament would make a nice gift to include in Happy Mail; I'm not sure I have the patience to create more than 1 of these at a time.  It is pretty though and I like the non-traditional colors of the designer papers.

Thanks for visiting and until next time, Happy Crafting!
Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Crafty Catz

8 comments:

  1. Donna, I just posted my card following yours on the Crafty Cats challenge. So I had to stop in to get a closer look at your fun card. I love all the colors, patterns and textures on your card. So fun! TFS Kathy A at myasperations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, a very pretty Christmas card, love the non traditional colours you have used behind the stunning shaker bauble. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely shaker card. I'm out of my comfort zone in making those. The papers are fantastic. I have several 12x12 sheets from the Winter Wonderland collection. Love them.

    We had fun watching the Gators play yesterday. Sorry to hear that your game was cancelled due to COVID. It's weird seeing the stands so empty. Gotta stay safe though. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the non-traditional colors! Such a fun card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shaker card in fabulously different colours.

    Thank you for sharing in our Lots of Layers challenge at Dream Valley.

    Lin
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea, love that the shaker element is a bauble very effective, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a very pretty card, the colours are lovely, not traditional maybe but they still have a Christmas vibe. The reindeer are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at the 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful shaker card! So festive with the dancing reindeer and I really like how you layered different patterns of the soft, nontraditional colors. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!