Friday, February 26, 2021

Bee-youtiful Day Shaker Card

Hello and Happy Fri-YAY!  It's the weekend and I'm looking forward to some crafting, outdoor and resting time.  Today I would like to share a shaker card created using the Beautiful Bees stamp set designed by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs.


I created this Shaker Card for a Swap with a friend from the U.K.  Each month we swap and to make it interesting, we may pick a theme or fancy fold.  For March, we decided on Bees and to make it a little challenging, we added Shaker Card.  

This card measures 5.5" square, the Bees were stamped and die cut then colored with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink just by dabbing the ink on them.  The Flower in the center is also from the stamp set which I heat embossed and colored using the Ink Resist method and Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink.  I dry embossed the panel behind the flower using a brick wall embossing folder so this card has lots of texture and dimension going on. 

I wanted to include some green as I also had St. Patrick's Day in mind along with Spring.  I met the challenge we set forth and I cannot wait to get this in the Post to her on 01 March!  

Until next time, Happy Crafting!
Donna

**Challenges Entered:

6 comments:

  1. Lovely idea on your swap. I do love a shaker and your sequins remind me of honey because of the color. Great paper too. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Donna, you can't go wrong with bees can you1 Thanks for joining in with us again at Lost Coast Designs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness last week. Hope to see more of your projects this week!
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a shaker card and this is fab thanks for joining in our challenge at crafty catz this week hope to see you back in the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bees. So beautiful ad detailed, A lovely shaker card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!