Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Adventure is Worthwhile

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  Today's make and share features a stamped pair of Giraffes, a Watercolor Sunset, heat embossing and die cutting.  


I was gifted this stamp set along with designer papers and chipboard embellishments from a dear friend in Northamptonshire UK.  She received the lot as a free gift with purchase of a cardmaking magazine and stated it wasn't her cuppa tea.  She was so lovely to send it all to me so I had to make her a card with the gift.

I die cut an aperture in the designer paper and stamped the images to appear as though they were peeking out of the foliage.  I watercolored a sunset background using Arteza Real Brush Markers, stamped and heat embossed a black piece of card using gold powder and put it all together with a sentiment strip from the Tim Holtz "Small Talk" strips pack. 

I'm rather pleased with the outcome and I hope she likes it as well.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by the Song "Africa" by Toto
Use Your Stuff - Inspired by the book "Giraffes Can't Dance" by Giles Andreae
 




10 comments:

  1. Love how you have used the paper Donna - you have made a spectacular card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jungle theme. Great card. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunset background and I love those giraffes! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card with lovely colours. Thanks for playing at UYS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! I love that song too! The framing looks great and I think your friend will love her card! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific card Donna. I live fairly close to Northampton. How lovely of your friend to gift you the papers. I love the sunset background you have made behind the DP. Thank you so much for sharing with us at IAAS this time and we hope to see you again soon. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card, I'm sure your friend will love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!