Thursday, June 24, 2021

AECP All About Layering 1 - Budding Thanks

Hello Friends and Happy Thursday!  I have exciting news to report...I've been accepted to the Altenew Educator Certification Program and I'm over the moon about it.  I'm excited to start this journey of learning new techniques, re-visiting older ones and enhancing my knowledge and style.  So please bear with me, this is a long post :)

Today I began my first class titled All About Layering 1.  It's a great class and I will add that it's a Free class to everyone.  I have some knowledge of layered stamping however the class touched on tips and tricks I hadn't been using, which are helpful indeed. 

For my first project, I used the Altenew Budding Thanks Stamp and Coordinating Die Bundle to create my A2 sized card. To start, I organized the components of each layer on separate acrylic blocks and proceeded to stamp the images on snippets of card.  I used inks in shades of blues and teal greens to create 2 blooms and coordinating leaves.  I started with the lightest of the inks and worked up through a mid tone to a dark contrast.


I cut out with the coordinating dies and aside to work on the focal panel, which I embossed with a rope design embossing folder.  I wanted lots of white space but also wanted to highlight the rope pattern, so I ink smooshed with the same colors of blue used for the flowers.  I place a bit of ink on my glass mat and spritzed with water, taking my 3.75" x 5" card, I smooshed into the ink mixture.  After drying with my heat tool, I splattered with more ink and called it complete.


For assembly, here's a tip:  After arranging your focals, use Press and Seal Plastic Wrap to keep and pick up your arrangement in the order you have them.  I did this and it was awesome to only fiddle with placement once.  Once on the plastic wrap, I added liquid glue to the backs of the die cuts and placed on my focal panel.  I then carefully peeled off the wrap and Voila!  All set.

I stamped the sentiment from the same set, trimmed out and mounted on foam pads along with mounting the focal panel on a piece of fun foam cut slightly smaller than the panel, then placed all on the card base.  I almost called this assignment complete but once again I had to add something more...out came the sparkle...I placed blue sequins around for a final touch.  


The assignment is complete.  It was a great exercise in layering stamped images and now I'm ready to tackle assignment #2.  I hope you've enjoyed my post today, Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

Supplies Used:
Neenah Solar White Classic Crest 80 lb and 110 lb card
Catherine Pooler Inks
Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug
Glad Press & Seal Plastic Wrap
Art Glitter Glue Liquid Adhesive
Ocean Sequin Mix from Kat Scrappiness

**Challlenges Entered:
As You Like It - Use Press & Seal Plastic Wrap to hold arrangement together before adhering
Sweet Stampin' - B for Buds



9 comments:

  1. Donna! Congrats on your first post for AECP! You have submitted a fabulous card as your very first assignment. Great work and lovely colour choice. Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erum! I had lots of fun with this assignment!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at Paperminutes.
    Heike DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really pretty! I like the technique of smooshing the the embossed panel in the ink. What a cool effect it gives! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhh so pretty Donna!!!
    Love the soft colours!
    Thanks for getting textured with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tone on tone card and fabulous design . Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning entry in the Uniko gallery!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love working with layering stencils and matching dies/stamps. Thanks for showing your texture with the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so pretty!! Thanks for playing along in the Altenew June Inspiration Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!