Friday, July 23, 2021

Altenew Academy AECP Course: Let It Shine

Hello Friends!  Today I'm sharing 2 projects created for the Altenew Educator Certification Program Course "Let It Shine".  This course teaches tip and tricks for adding sparkle and shine to your projects.  If you know me, you know I LOVE sparkle...it's kinda my thing, so this course was made for me!

My 1st project features the Altenew Way Too Sweet Stamp Set, Alcohol Marker coloring, Patterned Paper and Glitter.

Adding loose glitter to a project is one of the many ways od adding sparkle and shine to a project.  I know loose glitter can be messy but in this instance, it wasn't at all.  I used very little loose glitter and that enabled me to control it.  

I started by coloring the images with alcohol markers and fussy cutting them.  Using a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, I added liquid adhesive to the areas I wanted to add the glitter.  Using a Multi-colord glitter from Hobby Lobby and Fun Stampers Journey Sparkle Cuts, I adhered a small bit to the images.  To make certain all was adhered, I rubbed over the glitter with a piece of scrap paper, then set aside to dry.


Once dry, I created my layout using strips of patterned paper, black card and craft foam.  I love how sparkly the sweets are; the glitter makes them POP.

My 2nd project uses 3 different techniques of adding sparkle and shine; Heat Embossing, Glitter Tape and Glitter Gel.  


To start, I stamped and heat embossed the large floral bunch from the Altenew Dearest Friend
stamp set onto watercolor paper using fine detail gold embossing powder.  With Arteza Real Brush Markers, I watercolored the image and die cut with the coordinating die.  

To create my background, I cut two pieces of patterned paper from the Altenew Wildflower 6x6 paper pad and adhered to the card base with liquid adhesive.  I remembered I have glitter tape from Cricut, that I've had for ages, so I adhered a strip to separate the two patterned papers.


I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment; which is from the same stamp set directly to the card panel and mounted the focal image using craft foam.  Lastly, I added Stickles Glitter Gel to the edges of the florals and that completed this card.

With the heat embossing, glitter tape and glitter gel, this card is very sparkly but not overdone.  This was a great course, I picked up tips on techniques I already use and learned new techniques that I will be using on future projects.  

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you'll try some of the techniques I've shared and comment below what techniques you use to add sparkle and shine to your projects.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Way Too Sweet Card:


Thank You Card:








 


12 comments:

  1. Loving the gold embossing on your floral card looks awesome against your pretty colours. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards with just the right amount of sparkle Donna - love the floral one in particular
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi donna, wow gorgeous cards, your design and colours are just awesome, love your style. Many thanks for your entry at Polkadoodles Challenge Look forward to see you enter our next challenge. aNNie DT Member
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely watercoloring and the flowers are beautiful. I'm all for the sweets and the sparkle. Since the pandemic I've had way too many sweets. My weakness. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect summer card with all those fun sweet treats! Great design and colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge! GDT Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Donna.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're both fabulous Donna!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us agagin this week over at Creative Knockouts for our Die Cuts/Punches challenge, Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna I love the effect with the heat embossing on watercolor paper. Your card is gorgeous. thank you for sharing over at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon! DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both card are just amazing! Very nice coloring!
    Thanks for linking up at Polkadoodles Anything goes card making and crafting challenge – Week 30.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  10. The gold embossed outline looks fab with the sunny colours of the blooms.
    Thanks for sharing at Uniko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards look fab Donna! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. Cursos gratis

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!