Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Altenew Academy AECP Level 1 - For the Guys

Hello Friends and welcome back.  Today, I'm sharing projects created for the Altenew Academy Level 1 Course "For the Guys".  Creating Masculine cards can be challenging however this course provides tips and techniques for creating cards for those men and boys in your life.

For my first card, I wanted to follow a theme from the course and create a card for a young or tween boy. I realized I seldom create cards for boys so it was time to use class inspiration and create a fun card using the Altenew Ori Kami Stamp Set.


To start, I created my own background on a panel of gray card by stamping the Elephant image using Altenew Charcoal Suit Crisp Dye Ink.  I "second generation stamped" or inked up the image, stamped off on scrap paper once and then onto the card panel, using Altenew Silver Lake Crisp Dye Ink. This creates a faint stamped image.


I stamped the Elephant on Turquoise card using the same Charcoal Suit Crisp Dye Ink and fussy cut the images.  I splattered the panel with White Acrylic Gloss Spray and watered Charcoal Suit ink, backed the focal with purple card and adhered to the card base.  I stamped the sentiment in 2 parts, arranged the design and adhered to the card panel, popping up one Elephant and the sentiment strips on craft foam.  Lastly, added gray enamel dots for additional interest.

My second card was created using the Altenew Shattered Triangle Die Set.  I die cut 7 triangle bases and tops from patterned paper and adhered together.  For additional interest, I inlaid a few of the waste pieces back into the triangle tops. 


I created a mat of patterned paper, backed with kraft card and adhered all to a card base of cream cardstock.  I arranged the triangles flat to the card panel and stamped the sentiment on a snippet of Kraft card, popping the strip on craft foam before adhering to the focal panel.


Lastly, adding enamel dots to complete this simple yet effective card.  This was a great AECP course.  Masculine cards are hard for me as my thoughts always go to pretty florals but this course provided the inspiration to think outside the box and the confidence to create some fun designs for the guys.

Thanks for visiting and reading through my post today.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

Products Used:
Recollections Card Stock and Patterned Papers
Art Glitter Glue Liquid Adhesive
Cardz TV Ticket Talk 2 Stamp Set
Cardz TV Mini Messages Stamp Set
Maymay Made It Sittin' Tree Stamp Set
Fiskars Outline Alpha Stamp Set

**Challenges Entered:
Ori Kami Card:

Shattered Triangles Card:









13 comments:

  1. Donna, your cards are so unique, you have done such a good job with the geometric images and getting that masculine feel. Very inspirational as I tend to avoid both! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning masculine cards Donna - great use of the die in the second card, and I love your colours in the first
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't these fun! Thanks for sharing at Let's Craft and Create.
    :) Janis, Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I don't often make cards for boys and these are just great. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards, Donna! You did a great job and lovely use of colours too!
    Thankyou for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant card, really appealed to me as I've been learning origami folds with my granddaughter- love the design, colours and added dimension. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card .. love to bit.
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a wonderful job with both of your cards, that's for sure. I like the geometric/origami elements and I wouldn't be able to pick which card I like best because both are very elegant and masculine. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are so clever and unique.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever use of diecuts. Love both the cards.
    Many thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Challenge blog.
    Hope to see you again soon.
    ×
    Nunzia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards.. Thanks for sharing your first one with us at Sweet Stampin' Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What clever designs Donna! Great cards with a fun geometric look! Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Anything Goes with Dies! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card. Great colours and great design!

    Thank you for playing at Digi Choosday Challenges
    Happy Crafting
    DT Sam
    Craftychickcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!