Thursday, July 8, 2021

Altenew AECP - Clean & Simple Boutique Cards

Hello Friends!  I'm back today with projects for the Altenew AECP Course: Clean & Simple Boutique Cards.  This course teaches techniques for clean and simple cards with charisma and class.  Not all Clean and Simple/CAS cards have to be boring!

If I'm honest, I struggled with this course, not because it was difficult, I've always struggled with clean and simple designs.  My style is typically bright and colorful with lots of dimension, pattern and layers.  This course had me reviewing the lessons twice before attempting to sit down and create a design.  This course opened my eyes to CAS and how beautiful it can be.


For my first design, I die cut gold mirror card; using speciality paper in your CAS designs really elevates them to the next level.  Using the Linear Crossroads Die by Altenew, I created a place for my leaves to rest.  I stamped, then colored leaves from the Altenew Dearest Friend Stamp and Coordinating Die Set.  


Using Crafter's Companion die and stamp set, I die cut the Happy and keeping my card 1 layer, I arranged everything without adhering so I could see where I needed to stamp the "birthday" using black pigment ink.  My stamp positioner was a big help here and once I had the birthday word stamped, I adhered everything to the card base using liquid adhesive.  I admit I'm pleased with this one.

My next design is 2 layers and I wanted to bring color into this design.  Using my stamp positioner, I proceeded to stamp layer the Wreath from the Altenew Blossom Wreath Stamp Set using Catherine Pooler Inks on a panel that measured the same as my A2 card base. 


I stamped the sentiment in the Wreath Center, keeping everything contained to the middle of the card panel.  To give it an extra bit of pizazz, I scored 1/8th inch around using my scoring board.  It appears the panel is cut slightly smaller that the card base but that's an illusion...it's the same size.


I love the look of this Wreath; the stamp layers are meant to be slightly ourside the outline which I think is Artsy.  Another Clean and Simple Design that looks Artsy, Whimsical and Boutique.  I'll admit I surprised myself and this course was a great push for me to get outside my usual style.

Thanks for visiting and reading through my post today.  I hope you will try incorporating scoring lines, speciality card and color in your Clean and Simple Designs,

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

Products Used:
Gold Mirror Card
Catherine Pooler Party Collection Inks
Neenah Solar White Classic Crest 80 lb and 110 lb Card
Misti Stamp Positioner
Score Pal Scoring Board
Art Glitter Glue Liquid Adhesive


Challenges Entered:

CAS Happy Birthday Card:


CAS Wreath Card:








 

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Donna - and great ideas for CAS cards that you have shared
    Thank you for sharing the wreath card with us at Word Art Wednesday
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Donna. I just received an Altenew order today and haven't had time yet to create anything with my new goodies. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us. I'm so blessed to have you play along at Word Art Wednesday and always enjoy your wonderful art. I'd love to have you guest design for me if you're ever interested...just let me know. Hugs to you, and keep on crafting!
    Blessings,
    karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're rockin' the CAS card-making technique. I love your Happy Birthday card and am so glad you entered it into our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Donna! I think you've got the idea of creating special CAS cards perfectly!! The added interst certainly take them to the next level!! Well done!! Thanks so much for sharing at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two super creations Donna, I always love a floral wreath but I think on this occasion the design of the first one really jumps out at me.

    Lovely to see you at our July challenge at River of Creativity, many thanks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards but the 1st one is wonderful, thanks for joining us at the River of Creativity challenge, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you tried CAS, love the 1st card, it's gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with us at River Of Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely FANTSTIC!! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are so beautiful! I love the CAS designs. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope you will join us again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft and Create. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty card. Good luck and thanks for playing along with us at Lets Craft & Create Challenge. Hope to see you again

    Shylaa DT@Lets Craft & Create
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!