Friday, August 20, 2021

Red Dahlia Happy Birthday

Hello Friends!  Today I'm sharing a card created using the Altenew Fashion Monger Dahlia Layering Stamp and Coordinating Die Set and Stenciling.

This card started as an idea for my final Altenew Level 1 Course assignment but I did not photo the instruction steps so it has now become a card for my Birthday Stash.

Using the Fizzy Art Stencil by Gina K. Designs, I lightly stenciled on a panel using Catherine Pooler Ink.  It's a very subtle pink, which is what I was going for.  I proceeded to stamp the blooms and leaves using Catherine Pooler Inks, die cut them and layed out my arrangement.  To keep it all in place, I placed Press and Seal plastic wrap over top, picked up the arrangement and set aside to finish off the panel.


I die cut an aperture in the middle of the stenciled card, matted the stenciled panel with black card and adhered to a cardbase of Neenah Solar White 110 lb. card.  I mounted the oval die cut piece on craft foam and replaced in the aperture.  I placed the floral arrangment on the panel and added a hot foiled sentiment strip.  Lastly, clear sequins were added for a touch of sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time, Happy Crafting.

Donna

**Challenges Entered:




11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, the flowers realy pop out! Hugs Ela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a pretty card Donna. Love your background, and the subtle interest the raised oval adds behind those gorgeous flowers
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the layers and pretty flowers.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
    https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, love your layers, those gorgeous flowers are so beautifully colored. Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for sharing this pretty card with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blooms Donna, your other card withe rainbow and sparkly is also lovely, many thanks for sharing and joining in our Sparkle theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card and love the touch of sequins. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna I'm so happy your darling card found a home at Inspired By, too! So very lovely!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Donna, it's so pretty!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts this week- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Thank you for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card,Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time. 


    Hugs 

    Meena S4F DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!