Saturday, October 2, 2021

Altenew Academy - In the Mood for Color

Happy Day to You!  I'm sharing a card created for the Altenew Academy Level 2 Course:  In the Mood for Color.  This lesson covered Colors, the Emotions that can be linked to them and various coloring techniques.  For my submission, I chose to use the color Red and the Altenew Craft-A-Flower Camellia Stamp and Coordinating Die Set along with shade stamping.


The color Red can make you feel Passionate and Energized.  It is often associated with Love as well as Danger and Anger.  I chose the color Red for the passionate, energized and love feelings it provokes.  I created a Holiday card using traditional colors and a non-traditional floral.

To start, I stamp layered the images using 3 shades of red and green.  I die cut and set aside to work on the panel and background.  I inked an embossing folder with watermark ink and embossed 80 lb card with fine detail silver powder.  The shine along with the buffalo plaid paper and snowflakes say Christmas to me.    


To put it all together, I matted the plaid paper with black card, rounded the corners of the embossed panel and adhered using craft foam for dimension.  Lastly, I adhered the bloom, leaves and sentiment strip flat to the panel. 

I love bright colors and create with them often.  When I look at this card, it stirs up emotion of great holidays past and those yet to come.  The red makes me happy and passionate about spending a great Christmas with family and friends this year.  How does it make you feel?

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
All Sorts - I love Bright Colors and Christmas
Creatalicious





21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and cheerful card Donna - and a great use of the unconventional flower for a Christmas card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you had me at the flower!!! Awesome, and I like that it is Christmas too. Wonderful, and thanks for playing at KCC this week. Have a fantastic day!
    Leanne DT/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really glorious vibrant bloom, many thanks for charing a crafty 'I Love....' with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a very striking card with that super flower taking centre stage
    Hs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love the buffalo plaid print paper and the gray and red combo is so effective!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Donna - love this bold holiday flower! That plaid background with the silver emboss overlay is lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful flower. Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas, https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning colour combo and card,love your colouring and layout,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful and vibrant, also I am such a fan of greys, blacks whites, gingams, snowflakes (all of the above). You asked how did I get o Insspiration Station, I just remembered it was through you--a couple of weeks ago you commented on another post and I followed the trail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely bright and cheery card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge theme at Allsorts this week.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an honour to comment on your entry Donna!!!
    What a gorgeous card! Thank you so much for your participation at Creatalicious Challenges we are delighted to have your participation on our blog 🥰
    Marci - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Donna, this card is gorgeous! I just love that bold red flower on the neutral background. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete

  13. This has come together beautifully!
    Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
    Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card. That snowflake background is very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and love the use of the gray colors! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love for Christmas is just the way it should be. Donna, this is gorgeous. A beautiful stamp and nicely presented on the gray background. It's good to see your card at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The red is poppin!! I love the sparkle, shine, and the texture. That gray and silver really works well with the red.
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW ... absolutely beautiful creation Donna! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous design. I love the gingham and how you layered your card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Peace on Earth Challenge Blog.
    Kathy
    POE DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card. I love how the bright Christmas colors pop against the silver and black and white buffalo plaid. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Donna - love your colouring as always.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Christmas Sparkles Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!