Friday, December 3, 2021

Altenew Academy Level 2 Course: In the Mood for Color

Hello and Happy Friday!  I know it's been a few weeks (months maybe) since I've posted a course project for the Altenew Certified Educator Program.  I'm back on track and today I'm sharing my project for the Level 2 Course:  In the Mood for Color.

This course was enjoyable and each class is a lesson on individual color and how it relates to our emotions.  I've always known that colors can affect our emotions and even our purchasing decisions; pay close attention to the next advertisment / Televison commerical you see...notice how they tie color to the theme and what they are promoting.  

Purple has always been my favorite color.  I'm immediately drawn to purples, lilacs and lavendars; I even love the smell of lavendar.  Purple has long been associated with Wealth, Royalty and Luxury but it is also Calming, Spiritual and Romantic.


For my course submission, I've chosen to use Purple as my main color choice and the Altenew Poppy Arrangement Stamp and Coorindating Die Set to create an A2 sized card.  This set is new to me and naturally, the purple poppy variety are my favorite, then I would choose the traditional red flower.


To start, I stamped the floral image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink; which is an alcohol marker compatible ink, onto a snippet of specialty cardstock that's recommended for alcohol markers. I colored the image and die cut using the coordinating dies.  

I've created a panel by stenciling and ink blending with 2 shades of purple ink.  I sprayed the panel with black and white gloss acrylic spray and set aside to dry.


I've stamped the sentiment, from the same set, and die cut using an oval die.  I've trimmed and adhered the inked panel flat to a cardbase of 110 lb. heavyweight cardstock.  The sentiment and floral were popped on craft foam for dimension and arranged on the card panel.  Lastly, faux violet pearl gems have been added to more interest and shine.

I love color and incorporate color into my projects, home decor and clothing.  I'm drawn to certain colors; specifically reds, yellows and blues but purple is my number one choice every single time.  I have many of the personality traits that represent purple also:  Introvert, Creative, Sensitive, Compassionate, Dreamer, Emotional.  If you haven't checked on your Color Personality, do so.  You'll find it interesting and will discover you ave many of the personality traits that your color represents. 

Thanks for visiting today.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:








7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Donna - I too love purple, but it's not my 'primary' colour. I am fascinated by the lavender plant and grow various varieties of it.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, thi is stunning!! I would like to let you know that you have already completed this class. It appears to be marked as done at my end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple too, probably why I was drawn to your card from the NBUS gallery. It's so pretty and well done on using NBUS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A GORgeous design and I LOve your colours.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
    GDT Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stamp and the colors you used, very pretty and thank you for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks this week. Have a great day! Cheers!
    Leanne DT/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Donna! I love each layer and your wonderful purple coloring! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!