Thursday, April 7, 2022

Lovely Daisies

Hello Friends and Happy Thursday!  Today, I'm sharing a bright and cheerful Spring Themed card created using the Altenew Lovely Daisies layering die set.   


I didn't have cardstock in the colors I wanted to use so I set out to make my own using Catherine Pooler Inks and 80 lb. Neenah Card.  The layers were then die cut, the flowers were assembled and set aside to work on the background panel.

I die cut a mask of Gina K. Masking Magic using a scalloped oval die, adhered to card panel and ink blended light yellow ink over the card piece.  Catherine Pooler inks are reactive to moisture so I blotted the blending with a damp paper towel in order to get the splotchy look I was going for.


After the blended panel was completely dry, the sentiment was stamped using a dark charcoal ink and the florals were adhered.  Lastly, light lavender gems were added for sparkle and I called this card complete.

Thanks for visiting today.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
As You Like It - I always try to recycle when I can and love to "shop" my stash but this die set was a new purchase, I needed to treat myself!

13 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful contrast of colours Donna - the shapes are wonderful too, on this delightful card.
    Thank you for sharing this beatufiul project with us at Word Art Wednesday
    Blessings
    Maxine WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mirtillamente, we love to see everybody’s entries. We are a home for creativity! Good luck and do come back!
    Jackie, Mirtillamente DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those flowers on such a cool background! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful bright color! WOW! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Tic Tac Toe challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, such a fabulous card! I πŸ’›πŸ’œthe combination of purple and yellow; although, I often forget to pair the two. This is such a happy card, it's recipient will be lucky! Have a great weekend! Cheers, Makira

    Colorful Options Challenge
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
    https://mkccreate.home.blog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cheery card. Love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card donna, yellow and lavender are a favorite color combo of mine. Thank you for joining our challenge at Coloful Options!
    Diane CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW ... so bright & beautiful! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Did you know your beautiful creation also fits the ‘yellow’ challenge over on the MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    blog? Just thought I’d mention it in case you’d like to share there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!  You have been selected as a TOP ROCKER for the week of 04/09/2022
    613 Avenue Create
    Please stop by our blog and grab your badge 
    The Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again ... so glad you popped over to share this beauty with us! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! Your trio of blooms is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so pretty Donna! Love those gorgeous flowers!

    Thank you again for joining us in our For The Girls challenge at Creative Knockouts, I hope you play along again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!