Sunday, May 15, 2022

Birthday Kisses

Hello Crafty Friends!  I'm on the Kat Scrappiness Blog today with a Birthday Card that features a mixed media vibe and one of the newest stencils.  Before we get to my card, I want to remind everyone of the 50% off All Clearance Sale that is currently on offer at The Kat Scrappiness Shop.  Stop by and check out the Clearance Category, now is a great time to get your hands on some crafty items!

Now for my card!  I love stenciling on projects and have been active in my Art Journal so I've been "Mixed-Media"  minded lately.  This birthday card has a stenciled and inked background that is similar to how I break a blank page for my Art Journal.


Using shades of Pink and Purple Ink Sprays, I inked a background panel of watercolor card.  Once completely dry, I've stenciled using the new Falling Hearts Stencil and a new Mini Stencil and Ink Blending Brush with ink in a shade of deep violet.  I've added splatters of white and silver watercolor paint to the background for that artsy look.


To finish off the design, using the sentiment shadow from the Birthday Kisses Sentiment Die, I've die cut from the panel, cut the wording from silver mirror card, adhered all together and popped on craft foam for dimension.   Lastly, Pretty Pegasus Dual Colored Pearls and a doodled frame were added for additional interest.

That's all I have for you today.  Have a wonderful day and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna 


2 comments:

  1. This is lovely and uses my 2 favorite colors!!! I guess it lends towards being left-handed too and enjoying the more creative aspects of life. The stencils and inks make a wonderful backdrop for the stunning silver mirror foil sentiment. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those colours Donna, and you have made a wonderful card using the background, stencilling and die cuts
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!