Monday, May 16, 2022

Inspiration Station Challenge - Inspired by a Flower Shop

Hello and Happy Monday!  Today begins a new bi-weekly challenge round at The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog and the inspiration photo is the inside of a Flower Shop:


I will admit this challenge was an easy one for me as I love to create floral cards and own loads of floral images and die sets. For my team project, I was inspired by the colors of orange and yellow in this photo and used the Altenew Craft-A-Flower Daffodil layering die set to create my card.


I've slowly been using up, and not purchasing any more, colored card stocks with the plan I will create colored cardstocks as I need them with inks.  That's what I did in the case; I used Catherine Pooler Inks to create the colored card layers for the daffodils.


The focal panel was cut using the Altenew Cube Cover Die and adhered flat to the card base.  The flowers were assembled using liquid adhesive with the flower centers popped on craft foam for dimension.  I covered the floral centers and petal tips with Wink of Stella.

The sentiment was heat embossed on vellum, adhered to the card using enamel dots to hide the adhesive, with additional dots added to visual interest.

That completes my card for the challenge.  Please visit us at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we would love to see how the inspiration photo inspired you.  Also,  the prize this round is a lovely Die Set from Spellbinders - the Kerria Japonica Flower Set.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Dream Valley

9 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Donna - love how you have coloured those stunning daffodils
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful card you've created Donna using the flower dies, I always loved your work! TY for playing with us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! As a lover of Daffodils! I love this card, beautiful colouring and layering and the sentiment on vellum is a perfect addition. A gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! It's just gorgeous Donna!

    Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this time around- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those daffodils are gorgeous!!! Love how they pop off the card . What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Barbara DT member for { World Wide Open Design Team Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project you have created. Nice work. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Make My Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular Donna. I with the daffs in my garden looked as good as yours. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!
    Thanks for sharing with the Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!