Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Cheers Friend!

Hello Friends and Happy Wednesday!  This week is scootin' right along.  I some time to play at the craft table last night and thought experimenting with geometric patterns was a good idea.  I came up with a Birthday Card for a friend living in the U.K.

My card today was inspired by Ardyth Percy-Robb and the card she posted on Instagram yesterday.  I love how Ardyth thinks outside the box with her designs, never uses patterned papers and always has the most amazing ink blended color combos.  Check her You Tube channel HERE.

For my card, I ink blended a white card panel with Catherine Pooler Cranberry Fizz, Catching Rays and Over Coffee Inks.  I splattered the panel with water as CP inks are water reactive and dried with my heat tool.  I proceeded to cut the blended panel into 1/4" strips along with strips of gold mirror card.


I did a dry run, arranging the strips in a pleasing pattern and once I was happy with the layout, I snapped a reference photo. I then proceeded to adhere the strips to a white card panel that measures 3.75" x 5". 


I trimmed the overhanging strips around all 4 sides and adhered the panel to a black mat, then to a cardbase of 110 lb. Neenah Solar White Classic Crest card.  I die cut the sentiments and ahered flat to the card front and called this card complete.  No bells and whistles were added, I think the mirror card is enough shine.

I like experimenting with geometric shapes and I like using card designs like this for masucline cards.  It takes the guess work out of deciding on a design - just go geometric!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:


 








7 comments:

  1. Nice patchwork card!
    Thanks for joining our challenge on the 4 Season blog.
    grtz Colien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card.
    Thanks for joining our challenge this month.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card, Donna - thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.
    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the pattern. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifil card.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een leuke patchwork kaart heb je gemaakt. Bedankt voor je deelname aan de challenge bij 4 Season Challenge Blog.

    Groetjes Nelly (DT 4-SCB)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!