Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Countdown to Christmas 3 - Scrappy Trees

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Wednesday!  The Big Day will be here soon and today I'm sharing another card that uses scraps of patterned paper and a simple geometric shape.  This card could be easily created and mass produced.


All you need for this card are 3 scraps of patterned paper that measure 2" x 4".  Your snippets could be bigger and you could use more, depending on the size of your card.  My card measures the standard US 4.25" x 5.5".  

Fold your scraps in half and trim from one corner to the next, at an angle to create a Triangle.  Unfold and viola!  You have a Tree. 


To create dimension on your card, apply liquid adhesive on the middle fold and place on your card base or panel; in my case, I've adhered to a 4" x 5.25" panel.  Because the adhesive is only on the middle fold, the sides of the trees and be lifted.

Because no self respecting Christmas Card of mine would be complete without a bit of bling, I've heat embossed tiny stars at the tree tops and added dabs of Gold Stickles to mimic snowfall.  This card design would also look lovely in Winter Blues for a wintery card, so it's versatile too.  

I did not want to take away from the trees so I've opted to stamp my Christmas sentiment inside.  That's all it takes, some pretty snippets of paper that I know you have tucked away in your craft space. 

Thanks for visiting and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:






10 comments:

  1. I'm running behind on my homemade Christmas cards, what a great idea for some of the scraps I have in my stash. Very pretty combination of papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments you leave me, Donna, but especially that last one. I don't feel so alone. :-) Once again, you've taken a great idea and made such cute cards. Maybe it's optical illusion or whatever, but I see the trees as poofed out a bit down each center, so that gave me a good idea to just add a thin strip of foam tape down the center and then tape down the sides for a bit of dimension. So there's another way to do it. Pinned so maybe I'll try it for next year's pile. XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are dimensional. I've just adhered the middle of the trees down so the sides are free to stand up

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty and that it's easy to make = winner winner chicken dinner!! :) Pretty papers too! Thanks for linking to THICC! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple design that has resulted in an elegant card Donna - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty with the different designs! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so simple but such a wonderful card, I can just imagine using different papers and getting totally unique cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous way to use those pattern papers we all tend to hoard. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the HLS Christmas challenge! Hope to see you back in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome way to do the trees. Great paper choices. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you used scraps to make your lovely card. That's my challenge/ goal for next years cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!