Saturday, December 17, 2022

Countdown to Christmas #6 - Gifts

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Saturday!  I'm back with Card # 6 in my Countdown to Christmas Series, where I'm focusing on quick and easy cards that can be massed produced.

For this card, all that you need are 3 snippets of patterned paper and a bit of ribbon to create a stack of Christmas Gifts.


To start, I've embossed a panel with a snowflake embossing folder.  I have only scrap pieces left from the Carta Bella Christmas Market 6x6 paper pad so I cut 3 squares of varying sizes.  I cut thin strips to act as "lids" for the boxes (this is apparent on the bottom gift).  


I have loads of Christmas ribbon in my stash so I trimmed a piece and adhered flat, then tied a bow and adhered with a glue dot.  TIP:  I like to use Fray Check on the ends of ribbon.  This keeps it from fraying.

I had a few pieces of ephemera left from the collection so I added a banner tag.  After adhering the panel to the card base, I spritzed it with Shimmer Spray for lots of sparkly goodness.

I thought the sentiment was such a great match to the card theme.  The sentiment is from the Memory Box Yuletide Moments Stamp Set.


That's all I have for today.  Make a mental note of this design for next year, however this would also be a great Birthday card design too!  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
A Place to Start







 

10 comments:

  1. Marvelous way to use pretty snips of Christmas designs. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute, Donna. It reminds me that I'm not finished shopping yet. Yikes! I always enjoy your sweet cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is one of the easiest technique ideas yet I never remember it! smh lol Wonderful execution and the innie sentiment is perfect, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvellous card Donna, I love the papers and ribbon, a Super verse insert too. The verse is very apt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab design Donna and what a great way to use up your paper snippets - the sentiment is perfect too. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That´s a beautiful project.
    Thanks for sharing at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun creations, beautifully executed! Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create , Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so stinkin' cute. How clever to use the scraps to make fabulous stacked presents, it works perfectly!! Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. Hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ CYHTP DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great stash creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  10. A classic beutiful card! Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.-Samantha, DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!