Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Paper Funday Challenge #48 - Holiday Time

Hello and Happy 1st Wednesday of December!  Today signals a new challenge month at The Paper Funday Challenge Blog.  The challenges are Always Anything Goes with an Optional Twist and this month, the Twist is Holiday Time.

For my team project, I decided to use the optional Twist of Holiday Time.  And I've used yet another Stamptember Collab set; the Simon Says Stamp and Reverse Confetti "Fa La La Trees" stamp set.  


This is a layering stamp set with 4 different tree patterns.  The sentiments are also large and in charge (which I love).  Purple and Gold are pretty together at holiday time so I had to go with a purple tree. 

Speaking of a purple tree, I remember as a child we had a Silver Tree that had a spinning wheel that sat below it.  The wheel had a kaleidoscope of colored panels that a light bulb shown through and projected those colors on the tree.  Just a little memory there....


I've kept this card design sweet and simple,  I've stamped the tree and heat embossed the sentiment over top.  I've die cut a star out of glitter card, popped on craft foam, splattered the panel with gold watercolor paint and mounted the focal panel on a gold mirror card mat.  That completes this card!

Please visit us at The Paper Funday Challenge and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna


**Challenges Entered:
ABC Christmas - W is for White



 


14 comments:

  1. What an amazing CAS card Donna - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful Donna. Always love purple for Christmas and somehow I never remember to use it on cards! Thanks for having me as a guest designer at Paper Funday this month!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back again, just wanted to say thanks so much for sharing your fabulous creation at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! Hope to see you back there again soon!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, I love the colour mix and the gold edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the non-traditional colours paired with gold. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a great color combo, Donna! Love the CAS design as well and how you layered it. I remember those lights and metal trees. Always wished we could have one but we always had artificial green trees. Never even silver icicles. My first year grown up on my own I bought a box of icicles for my own tree and then discovered for myself how messy they were, lol. Definitely better for a real tree and throw out the whole lot afterwards. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
    Penny's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, now that song will be stuck in my head. LOL Wonderful card! Thank you so much for sharing your joy of crafting with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Hope to see you back again soon. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Donna, fun and elegant! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is simply beautiful! I love the gold touches! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this pretty, contemporary design! So classy!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! Love the use of purple and gold, such a regal combination. Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Good luck! Cheers, Makira๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is lovely with the purple and gold. Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. The gold and purple make your card feel so regal and elegant. Loving the sparkle and shine. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!