Saturday, December 10, 2022

Prismatic Snowflakes

Happy Saturday Crafty Friends!  I have a quick share for you today, featuring some heat embossing and ink blending.


To start the panel, I've ink blended Prize Ribbon and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks and let thoroughy dry.  The Simon Says Stamp Stemptember Set "Prismatic Snowflakes" and sentiment have been heat embossed with White Sparkle embossing power, also by Simon Says Stamp.  The sentiment is from the Memory Box "Yuletide Moments" Sentiment Set.  


Before mounting the panel on Silver Mirror card, I splattered with white acrylic paint, for the snowy effect.  I got a little heavy handed with some of the splatters, but I guess we can call that "artistic expression".   TIP:  before splattering with white paint or ink, make certain the blended panel is completely dry, otherwise the white splatters will take on the color underneath.

Lastly, I popped the matted panel on craft foam, adhered to the card base and spritzed the card with Shimmer Spray.  You'll have to trust me when I say, between the White Sparkle Embossing Power and the Shimmer Spray, this card has the WOW factor...very sparkly, wintery, shimmery and festive.

That's all I have for today.  I wish you a great weekend and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:










10 comments:

  1. The snowflakes really pop from the blue inky background, just perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so pretty and I'm sure it is quite an eyecatcher! I've never ink-blended first before stamping and embossing because I use that bean-bag powder over my stamping surface before stamping. So this is a new one to me. You got fab results! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the inky background- a perfect setting for those beautiful stamped and embossed snowflakes! A stunning card.
    Thank you for joining in with our ‘Anything Christmas’ Challenge at Sweet Stampin’.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Donna - sounds as though it's even better IRL!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful stamps used on this lovely card, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour mix on this so very beautiful card Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge. Kerry (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. prachtig kaartje, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this so much! That blended panel is stunning for the snowflakes! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card! Love your ink blending and splatter! Thanks for playing with us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!