Saturday, January 7, 2023

Watercolor Painted Flowers

Hello Friends!  I hope your weekend has been great so far and you've managed a bit of "me" time!  I did find some "me" time today and created 2 cards; one I'm sharing with you now, the other you'll have to wait to see on the 15th of February for the Beautiful Blossoms February Challenge.

I had a play with my Gansai Tambi watercolors and created a pink panel with a hint of yellow.  I didn't try to hard to create a perfect panel, I just let the watercolors run and have fun mixing.


After the watercolor panel was completely dry, I stamped the outline of the flowers all over the panel.  This is a layering set so using just the outline stamp, it gave the flowers that Artsy look.

While staging the panel on the cardbase, it looked too busy for the Thank You sentiment die (also from Altenew) to be visible.  I decided to trim the panel using a fancy edged die from My Favorite Things.  I've saved the other half to use at a later time.


I've embossed a white panel using a Swiss Dot embossing folder (this folder has been in my stash for a very long time - I think it may be from Cricut) and adhered the half watercolor panel on top.  I painstakingly applied itty bitty pieces of foam tape behind the die cut sentiment for dimension.  It was a labor of love but worth it, the sentiment looks great popped up.

Lastly, I've added clear sequins for the sparkle and shine that I love.  That's all I have to share today.  Hopefully I'll find more time at the craft table before this weekend is over.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna  

**Challenges Entered:
Cardz 4 Galz - April 2022 Think Pink #171









11 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Donna - love how you have used the part coloured panel. The Swiss Dot folder is a Cuttlebug one - it was one of my originals, and I still love it :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you coloured your design and only used part of it. Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the colors just worked themselves out into such a pretty background, beautiful with just the flower outlines. Great card, thanks for playing along at the Alphabet Challenge and at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I love your mix of colours Donna, the panel and design and wonderful and beautiful too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love youre card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! :) Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! Love the watercolour look and blend. Also very romantic. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this past week for our Stamp Act theme :) Hope you join us again soon.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Donna! I really love the watercolor panel and the special edge was the perfect touch. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work, Donna. I have that stamp set and the artsy look is definitely the best one! May have to borrow your idea sometime! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Donna. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!