Sunday, February 26, 2023

Instagram Cardmakers Discovery Hop - February 2023

Happy Lazy Sunday Friends!  I hope you are well (and warm) and have a lovely day planned.  Today is the last Sunday of the month and that signals a new Discovery Hop on Instagram.  The premise of the Hop is to dig into your stash and use what you have on hand to create something based on the theme.  The theme this Hop is Spring/Florals.  This is a Just for Fun Hop, providing inspiration to "Shop Your Stash".


I dug around in my rather large stash of Floral sets and found the Lace Flowers Stamp and Coordinating Die Set from Gina K. Designs.  I'd forgotten about this set with it's Zen-like flowers.  I love the bold lines of the images.


I've colored the images using Prismacolor Pencils and die cut with the coordinating dies.  I did my own embossing on the panel, meaning I scored the top half of the panel using a bone folder and score board.  The bottom half of the panel was left untouched so I could stamp the sentiment, which is included in this set.


The smaller flower has been popped on foam pads for dimension and to finish the design, I've added blue gems and white dots using a Posca Paint Pen.

You can start Hopping along HERE.  I hope you'll stop in and have a look at all the different styles and products everyone has shopped from their stashes.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:












 


18 comments:

  1. Donna, this is SO pretty! Love the bold coloring on the flowers and leaves, and the simple emboss for your background is just right! Such a pretty sentiment, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this set and your coloring of it is stunning, Donna! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet birthday card, Donna! Using colored pencils to color is definitely a commitment and I love how it turned out on this pretty card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blooms were a good find in your stash Donna, so easy to tuck things away and forget all about them, love the intensity of colour, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge and this weeks Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the flowers and the colors!
    Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and colors! The font is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card from you, Donna. The scorboard embossing is subtle and perfect. That is something I have done only once, years ago. I should try again sometime. Have a sunny week, we are getting a weak little front tomorrow that will lessen the humidity a bit (I'll take it!) and then temps drop a little later in the week...we will see. The more attention I seem to pay to the weather forecasters, the more they are wrong, haha. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty flowers and I love the color choices. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up CAS challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! This is beautiful Donna, love those flowers and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are incredible! Great job with the colors too! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls for CAS Week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nica card.
    Thanks for joining our challenge.
    Caroline Dt 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, that's a fabulous stamp and I love that colour! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful, Donna! Great job with your coloring and I like the interest the scored lines add. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card with the flowers. Beautiful colourized. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really a very nice birthday card. I love the blurred colors of the flowers and leaves. It's a perfect color scheme. And this partly embossed background is so gorgeous to showcase the flowers. Great work of art.
    Thank you for sharing with the Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hug Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning card with beautiful colours. Thanks so much for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. very pretty flowers, love how you colored them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super gorgeous image and colors on this card.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!