Monday, May 1, 2023

Inspiration Station Challenge - Inspiration Prompt #49

Hello Friends and Happy May Day, also known as International Worker's Day!  The 1st day of the month signals a new challenge month at The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog.  Our May Inspiration Prompt #49 is:


This appears to be a celebration, dancing around the Maypole.  I remember in elementary school, we used to celebrate May Day with a dance around the Maypole.  This photo inspired me to use the color Red and create a card of Friendship.  I'm inspired by friends getting together for fun in the sun. 


I have several decorative paper napkins, some gifted to me and others purchased through Ninny's Napkins.  When I purchased this napkin, my thought was to upcycle a home decor item but I put it away, and never completed the home decor project.  When "shopping my stash", I remembered all the lovely cards I've seen made with paper napkins.


The card design is very simple to create.  I glued the top layer of the napkin to a card panel and after it was dry, I die cut an 2 nesting ovals from the center.  I've adhered the napkin panel to a card base, it's hard to see in the photo but each layered oval has a graduated step of dimension and I've also dry embossed the napkin before die cutting


To finish, I've die cut the sentiment with a stitched oval and added a bit of twine.  Please join us at The Inspiration Station, we would love to see how the photo prompt inspires you.  Everyone's interpretation is unique and we hope to inspire you with our projects.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:


  








10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful napkin background Donna, and you have certainly made a stunning card with it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, Absolutely Gorgeous! I'm loving working with napkins these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a gorgeous napkin to showcase your card. Which is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully designed card,the napkin is gorgeous and the oval layers a wonderful idea,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful card and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Donna! I enjoy making cards with beautiful napkins and I'm loving how you added the texture with the dry embossing! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, what a beautiful floral card! Love it! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back with my DT hat on Donna, I still love your beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea for a striking card Donna! It's beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love to Craft Challenge! Enjoy your day!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!