Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge - Smiles and Hugs

Hello and Happy Wednesday!  Today begins a new challenge month at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.  Our challenges are Always Anything FLORAL Goes with an optional mood board for inspiration.  The mood board this month is:


The colors in this mood board are gorgeous, although I'll admit I was a bit intimidated by them however, I decided to use this optional mood board as inspiration for my team project.


Using the Smiles and Hugs Stamp Set from Altenew, I've colored the marigolds (or possibly carnations) in colors I thought best matched those in the mood board.  I've colored the images using Prismacolor Pencils.


The florals and leaves have been cut using the coordinating dies, and the cluster has been popped on foam pads for dimension.  I've added a patterned background, containing foiled stars, along with a piece of torn vellum.  Lastly, I've added light peach enamel dots for added interest.  The sentiment is from the Tiny Talk pack by Tim Holtz.

We invite you to join us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month by sharing your lovely floral focused designs.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:










7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Donna - love your stunning colouring of the images!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors, Donna - these blooms are a big pile of cheer! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye on the newest Altenew!!! This is STUNNING!! Thanks for popping by my blog, I appreciate it so much - And thanks for sharing your creativity o this design team, I really appreciate all the work the challenge DT does to inspire other card makers!!!
    Cheers -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great peonies and such beautiful colors. I love your color scheme. It looks really cheerful and represents a beautiful day. Great design with this parchment paper.
    Thank you for taking part in our current Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hugs, Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project! I love the colors, and the background with the torn vellum. Thanks for sharing your project at A Place To Start !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful flowers! They fit perfectly with the photo. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card for this photo, like that torn vellum-adds a great detail!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!