Monday, May 20, 2024

Double Trouble 6th Anniversary - Birthday Greetings

Hello Friends and Happy Monday!  I'm honored to be a Guest Designer on the Double Trouble Challenge Blog today, and the team is celebrating their 6th Anniversary with a fun Raffle.  You have a choice of 4 Raffle Themes:  Anniversary, Father's Day, Birthday or Graduation.  The Option this round is:  Use Kraft Paper, Brown Paper Bag, etc.  And the third Option is to enter your project at any of the previous challenge partners.


For my project today, I've used the Altenew Potted Plants Stamp Set to create a Birthday themed Card and have incorporated Kraft Card into my design.


To start, I did a bit of minor masking to stamp the Terra Cotta Pot and Snake Plant (or mother-in-law's tongue, as my Grandmother called it).  The images have been stamped using Catherine Pooler inks in shades of green and brown.  I went over the stamp images using Prismacolor Pencils, in order to add some shading and highlights.


The patterned papers are from a Recollections Vintage themed paper pad, the greeting is from the Word Fragments Stamp Set by Woodware.  I've popped the focal panel and sentiment strip on craft foam, and added some golden thread from Spellbinders.  Lastly, chocolate brown gems from Kat Scrappiness have been added to finish out the design.  This card is giving me masculine vibes, which wasn't intended but I'm happy it worked out that way.  I needed more masculine cards in my stash.

Please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog and enter the Anniversary Raffle.  You're sure to have some fun and just may be a winner!  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:












14 comments:

  1. Very nice card, amazing what that colored pencil detail adds to the images. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is an awesome card, how creative shading with the colored pencils...love it! I was thinking that it would work for masculine when I first saw it... Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome masculine card, love the mix of papers and the layout... even my mom would have enjoyed this card because she had several of these plants. Beautiful and handsome card. Thanks for being our Crazy Cousin for this month and being able to meet our publish date due so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard it called that as well Donna, your use of colour and design makes for a perfect masculine card. Many thanks for joining us again at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the earthy tones on this card, a great masculine design. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card, so elegant and perfect for both masculine or feminine recipients. Love the stamp you used and the whole design!
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous design & layout! Love the potted plant against the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great design and your shading works wonderfully. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I had one of these plants and I knew it by Mother-in-Laws Tongue as well. I lovely card Donna. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is darling! Those papers you used go so nicely with your design. So glad you could be the Crazy Cousin with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card! I've got a few of these plant's (passed on from my mum) and have always known them by that name too. Have a great weekend - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card and layout are terrific!!! It made me smile! Thanks for sharing at the current Ally's Angels! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic combo of papers and image on this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!