Monday, May 6, 2024

Double Trouble Challenge #166 - Stash and Trash

Hello Friends and Happy Monday!  I hope your weekend was fun and you did something special for yourself.  I'm excited to be a Crazy Cousin Guest Designer at The Double Trouble Challenge #166!  It's a fun one this round, you are to go through your stash and pick unused and mix-matched items for your design. 


Let me tell ya, this was a hard one for this complicated brain of mine.  It was easy finding something unused in my stash, which is a shame actually, however, trying to use mix-matched items was quite hard for me.  

For my project, I've chosen 3-D stickers I've had for about a year, purchased from the Dollar Tree, when things were actually a $1 (now everything is $1.25 +).  I have a paper pad that has gone unused till today, and a stamp set that has never been inked...see...I told you it was a shame these things were hidden in the stash!

There's also a sketch to follow, as Double Trouble is collabing with Tuesday Morning Sketches.  So I've combined everything into my card.

So here we are, tada!



I thought I would go one step farther and use an embossing folder from Cricut, the Basic Shapes, to create a mix-matched background.  The stamp set is titled "Stuck on You" by Maymay Made it, the papers are from the Good Vibes 6x6 paper pad by Crate Paper and the sentiment is from the same stamp set.  

As you know, sketches are basic ideas for making cards easy, so I've chosen to use only snippets of patterned paper, and left off the bow/ribbon element at the bottom of the sketch.


Also, no bells and whistles this time, it looks quite busy and I felt it couldn't stand another thing LOL

Please stop by The Double Trouble and Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenges to see what the teams have created.  We hope you'll be inspired to dive deep into your stash and play along.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Park Hopping My Happy Place - Inspired by Wild West City in Byram Township NJ








 

9 comments:

  1. This is super cute and I love the bold colours and patterns. Thanks for joining us as the Crazy Cousin at Double Trouble:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love how you switched up the size of the papers in the sketch! So fiesta fun. Thanks for being our Crazy Cousin at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cacti themes because that is our environment here in AZ. Love the unmatched embossing folder(s) you used for the background. Nice interpretation of the sketch and love the patterned papers, they remind me of some CTMH papers I have in my stash... Adorable and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certain I left a comment but I don't see it. I love your interpretation of the sketch, Donna. The bright colors and added texture creates a party vibe and I love the whimsical cactus. Thank you for joining us as our Crazy Cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna! Glad you are joining us this month at Double Trouble. Love those papers and how you used them very creatively for the sketch (I struggled with that one!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mixing, matching and stash busting result Donna. It certain is quite a busy card, and excluding the ribbon was a good choice.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the fun colors. Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. Great job pulling together all those elements. Love that 2 different embossing.Thank you for joining Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!