Monday, August 5, 2024

Inspiration Station Challenge #64 - August 2024

Hello Friends and Happy Monday!  Today begins a new challenge month at The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog.  Our inspiration photo is a colorful one and I immediately knew the set I would use for my project.

I've used the Organic Fruits Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp.  I love the retro vibe, the images can be hand colored or stamp layered, which I chose to do here. The stamp set is designed so when layering the color onto the images, the colors either do not stay within the lines or do not completely fill the image, which gives it that cool organic look.

For my colors, I've used Versafine Black ink to stamp the images and various Gina K. Designs inks for the fruit colors.  I've created my own designer series papers, if you will, with the images.  After the inks were dry, I splattered the panel with white acrylic ink.


I've layered the focal panel with a black mat, die cut a circle, heat embossed the sentiment, popped on craft foam for dimension and added a twine bow. To add a bit more interest, I dipped a new pencil with unused eraser into the inks and dotted around the design. Lastly, I've added gold gems from Kat Scrappiness.

I invite you to please join us at The Inspiration Station Challenge this month.  We hope to inspire you with our designs and we always enjoy seeing how the photo inspires everyone.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Double Trouble - Bright colors and a Retro vibe make me happy
Make My Monday - coloring medium is ink

11 comments:

  1. A fabulous, colourful creation Donna. Love the way the fruits stamp. Definitely a retro feel to them.
    Hope you have been spared Hurricane Debbie's fury
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing? Thanks for continuing to encourage me! Your card is beautiful and vibrant and as Maxine said, it does have a retro vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So colourful Donna, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the retro look of your fruits and the partial coloring make the placement of the 2nd stamp easy unlike some of the first florals that came out... this new look makes me happy. Thanks for sharing your happy card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, Donna - I LOVE this - so bright and exuberant! Love your coloring choices here - just brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card Donna, loving all the different colors and the mood board looks delicious! Now I want some fruit salad :)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is gorgeous Donna, love those eraser dots too. Fabulous stamps and colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bright definitely caught my attention! Very lovely! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this past week for our Stamp theme :) Hope you join us again soon.
    Diane - DT KCC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! This set of fruit stamps is groovy!!! All the accents are just perfect to give added interest, color repetition, and texture! Thanks for sharing at the anything food goes theme at FarmQuest HomeStyle Kitchen Challenges! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back again :) So great to see this fabulous creation at I spy with my little eye challenge, too! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, what a fun and cheerful card! Great choice of colors, quite clever to add the black embossed sentiment circle!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us here at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!