Hello Friends and Happy Monday! If you celebrated America's 250th Birthday this past weekend, I hope you had a wonderful time. We had a nice weekend with family and friends, saw some amazing fireworks and ate some delicious food.
Today begins a new challenge month at The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog. Our inspiration photo is a good one featuring tropical, summer, beach, and Christmas in July things.
I've taken inspiration from the plastic lawn flamingo ornaments for my card today. Using a set I've had in my stash since May of 2024 and never used (typical), I created a card with a tropical vibe. The set is the "Let's Get Together" stamp and coordinating die set from Spellbinders, which was the Clear Stamp of the Month for May 2024.
I've embossed a panel using the "Happy Hibiscus" 3-D Embossing folder from Stampin' Up and ink blended over the top using Distress inks. I've colored the stamped image using alcohol markers, and cut out both the image and sentiment using the coordinating dies.
I've adhered the image flat to the embossed panel and popped the sentiment on foam pads. Lastly, I've added blue Dazzles for that sparkle and shine.
We invite you to join us at the challenge this month and share your inspired projects. And we hope to inspire you with ours. Until next time, Happy Crafting!
Donna xx
**Challenges Entered:
Neglected Stuff Challenge - Stamp/Die Set from 2024



What a lovely bright background you've created for your pool party! Great choices! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!
ReplyDeleteYour card is colorful, whimsical and fun! Thanks so much for entering it into our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT
ReplyDeleteColorful and festive tropical design, Donna. Love the colors in the embossed background. Great sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with A Cut Above's July Anniversary Challenge.
ReplyDeleteGreat taken on the inspiration and perfect summertime card for our theme at We Love Stamping, thanks so much for joining us.
ReplyDeleteB x
Love this embossed background, Donna so perfect for that colourful image.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx
It's an awesome and creative summer card, such pretty colors!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at The Neglected Stuff and Triple B!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
The Neglected Stuff, Triple B Co-Owner
A super card, love the Summer theme. x
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun summery/tropical card! Your colorblending is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing with us at MMM!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful embossed background for your fun summer images, Donna - beautiful summer colors used as well! thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Summer Vibe! Julia xx
ReplyDeletebeautiful tropical card, such a fun design. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping this month and our summertime theme
ReplyDeleteWow! Your summer card looks amazing! Many thanks for playing along with the 613 Avenue Create. Rosi x
ReplyDeleteYou might also be interested in these two challenge blogs:
The Little Things
Dream Factory
Love this Donna - so summery and cheerful
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Great summery card. Thanks for joining We Love Stamping challenge. Anesha
ReplyDelete