Monday, April 23, 2018

Art Journal Page - Sing Your Song

I've recently discovered Art Journaling (yeah..I know....I'm a little behind the trend) and have decided to start keeping one.  I enjoy mixed media and it seems the thing to do is keep an Art Journal to assist with the experimenting of different mediums and keep track of progress.  

Here is my first official Art Journal, the Strathmore Softcover 500 Series Mixed Media Art Journal: ( Dick Blick Art Products )


And here is my first official 2 page layout in my new Mixed Media Art Journal:



I had great fun creating the layout.  The bird image is from the Cricut Baby Shower cartridge, the birdhouse comes from the Cricut April Showers cartridge and the branch with flowers from the Cake Basics cartridge.  

I used acrylic paints for the background colors, white gesso with a piece of bubblewrap for the circle texture.  Ranger archival ink was used with an unbranded foliage stamp, with the border stamp from IndigoBlu (a Limor Webber Design) and the lettering stamps from Echo Park.  Mixed Medium Gel was used over the images to create a non-porous surface so details with archival pens could be used as well as sealing the entire layout.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll follow this blog and come back soon.

Donna
*********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!