Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Celebrate You Today

Hello Everyone, I hope everything is well with you and yours. 

Today I want to share a quick Birthday card I put together.  I mentioned in an earlier blog post that I was running low on Birthday cards so I'm dedicating most of my time this week to creating cards for birthdays.  

This is a standard card measuring 4.25" x 5.5" (A2).  I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in the colors Twisted Citron and Broken China to create the background color on the embossed card mat.  I cut a piece of Vellum 1" wide and heat embossed the sentiment "Celebrate You Today" using a Ranger Embossing Pad and Ranger Fine Black Embossing Power.  The Balloon die cut is an unbranded die I purchased from AliExpress.  I added clear sequins for a bit of bling!

**Hint for heat embossing on Vellum:  apply the heat from the back in short bursts.  This will prevent buckling and wrinkling of the vellum.


A Quick, Simple and Effective Card.  


Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll stop by again for another blog post.  Take care and until next time, Happy Crafting.

Donna

** I support the following challenges:  CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #46Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - No Patterned Paper

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love the embossing very effective.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawwwww!!!!
    Such a lovely card. Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Hugs
    Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla
    DT- CCM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background - very effective. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!