Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Shaped Cards

Hello and thanks for visiting!  Today I am sharing shaped cards I created using the Cricut Design Space.  First up is a cute Witches Boot image that I doubled in order to create a front and back, then welded together back to back to create a fold.

The image can be found in the Cricut Happy Hauntings cartridge.  It is a paper pieced project which means the base of the card is the purple, another piece to layer is the orange piece and the last to layer is the black piece.  I added some die cuts; the spider and the bat as extra embellishments and applied clear Wink of Stella to them.  The little pumpkin is a sticker from the Dollar Tree.

I'm pleased with the outcome of this card and I definitely see more shaped cards in my future.  I hope you have been inspired to try some shaped cards as well.  If you don't have access to Cricut Design space or other cutting machines, try using dies or even drawing yourself an image.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Card entered in the following challenges:
Paper Craft Crew #304
Watercooler Challenges #184
Creative Inspirations
QKR Stampede #309
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #1833
Cardz TV #61



10 comments:

  1. What a stunning shaped card, Donna! The colours alone draw one's attention but it's the shapes and details which keep it on this gorgeous card. I am in awe! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Donna, love your card. Such a fun project and the colours are so vibrant. I think I need to check out what my Scan'n'Cut can do - thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun shaped card! Very creative. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, I always love it when I get to post on your cards. They are always so creative. This one is no exception. Love the bright colors, the textures and the very apparent attention to details. So cute! Thanks for sharing your creation at QKR Stampede this week. DT Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say KathyA. Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. Very cute, Donna! Love that boot. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Halloween boot! Your paper-piecing skills are wonderful! This turned out gorgeous! Love the bright cheery colors and the added embellishments! Thank you so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at PIP Challennges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in the fun at Creative Inspiration Challenge. Your make is gorgeous! Liz x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!