Saturday, August 18, 2018

Sunshine - Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog

Hello and Happy Saturday!  Today I'm sharing my 3rd project as Guest Designer for the month of August on Sketch Saturday.  The image I used is Sunshine from The Paper Shelter who is the sponsor of the challenge this week.


The image was pre-colored so it made for a quick card.  This image is so sweet and the color combo was perfect and easy to match up with the papers I had in my stash. 

For the challenge, there was also a sketch to follow:


I decided to add the flowers, following the sketch as closely as I could. I distressed the edges of the focal image with a Tim Holtz Paper Distresser and inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  The polka dot patterned paper added just enough visual imagery for her.  

I'm pleased with how Sunshine turned out and I hope you've been inspired to visit Sketch Saturday and join the fun.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

** Card Entered in the following challenges:


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and your coloring is perfection! I'm so glad you joined our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout and sweet card, thanks for sharing with us at DIGI CHOOSDAY this week.
    Julie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna this is so beautifully designed and I love the pretty flowers and it has a kind of old world feel to it as well. I am now your latest new Follower x
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your pretty card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very sweet card. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very beautiful Duncan
    Thanks for join us at
    {ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful... Love your image, thanks for joining us at SSS Challenge. Hope to see you next time.
    Linda DT SSS

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!