Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Create Your Own Background #1 - Hello

Today begins a series of Create Your Own Background cards that I've decided to make.  I've been digging deep into my stash to use products I haven't used in a while.  For the next 4 days I will be sharing a card I've created using Alcohol Inks.


For this card, which measures A2, I used Ranger Alcohol Inks to create the background.  I didn't have any Yupo paper so I coated a piece of 110 lb. white card with Golden Satin Glazing Liquid.  The Glazing Liquid creates a waterproof background so I was able to play with the inks.  They didn't move as much as they would have with Yupo paper I suppose but I didn't want to purchase any - I wanted to use what I have here.  

The sentiment was computer generated as I don't have a sentiment stamp that large.  I printed the sentiment of heavy parchment paper and die cut it with an oval die I had in my stash.  I carefully traced the lettering from the back with Art Glitter Glue and adhered to the card front.  Lastly, I added some Nuvo Drops in White for accent.  I like this card, the coloring is nice; I'm pleased with this one.

Until Next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the vibrant colors. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inky background to your card! Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mix of colors for that background and I love your card. I never thought to do that when I didn't have the Yupo paper! Thanks for the tip.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this glazing technique for regular cardstock. Thanks for the tip! Your background is beautiful! Thanks so much for getting inky with us at the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab background! Great card thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles DigiChooseday challenge hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background and terrific card! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that background! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love your alcohol background, I think the colors you have are super stunning. Thanks so much for playing along in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again.
    Sladjana (DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this!! It's always so much fun to create unique backgrounds! You did an amazing job. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! 😊 Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but things have been crazy lately, haven’t they!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!