Friday, July 17, 2020

Hug & Kisses

Hello and Happy Friday!  The weekend is here and I hope your days are filled with whatever it is you would like to do.  Today's make and share is a Clean and Simple Card (for me) and features Distress Oxide Inks, an Embossing Folder, Pearl X Mica Powder, Vellum, Die Cuts, Heat Embossing and small Gems.  


I love the color combo of Distress Oxide Inks in the colors of Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers so I inked up a panel then embossed it using a Vines Folder from Darice.  For some added interest, I mixed some Pearl X White Mica Powder with some water and dropped splashes on the panel.  The water reacted with the oxide inks and left shimmery spots. 

I cut a 2" piece of Vellum and embossed it with the same folder.  I die cut flowers using unbranded dies I had in my stash and popped each one up with a foam pad.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, popped it up with foam pads and lastly, added small Peridot colored gems to the flower centers.  The bright white flowers and sentiment are lovely against the inked panel.  Reminds me of a cool dip in the pool.    

Until Next Time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:

9 comments:

  1. Your card is so elegant and charming. Love the flowers. I think i saw it on a challenge and had to come by and see.

    Happy crafting,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks so much for entering our Polkadoodles challenge for week 29! Your card is wonderful, I love making clean and simple cards so this is right up my alley!https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/2020/07/week-29-anything-goes-craft-card-making.html
    Sybl Guest design team member Polkadoodles
    You can find my blog:https://sybilb28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card here! ... thanks for joining in with week 29 https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ ....hugs Nelly DT x

    you can follow my blog HERE https://heshaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card. Great embossing and dies. Great colors and so glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Your project is beautiful. Thanks for playing with us on Dragonfly Dreams Challenges and best of luck with your entry.
    Ine DT http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tropical looking card! So glad you joined us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great background and embossing love the 3-D looking flowers.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!