Monday, September 21, 2020

Thankful Leaf Print

 Hello and Happy Monday!  It's been a whirlwind day but I do have a make to share.  This card was inspired by a Video on the Gina K. Designs You Tube Channel.  It features a hibiscus leaf, heat embossing and ink blending.


I went in search of a leaf, I really wanted a Maple or Oak leaf but I'm in Florida, so the closest I could find was a Palm Frond or a Hibiscus leaf...I chose the latter.  I washed and dried the leaf, inked it up with VersaMark Embossing Ink and pressed it onto a piece of white card.  I sprinkled fine clear embossing powder and heat embossed the image.  

I used the new Ranger Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide Ink along with Fossilized Amber and Dried Marigold Distress Oxide Inks to blend color over the embossed leaf image.  This is what started to appear and I just love it!  I'm so impressed with the hibiscus leaf and I think it's just as pretty as a Maple leaf.

For a finishing touch on this A2 sized card, I added a one word sentiment popped up on thin foam pads and gold sequins for that bit of sparkle.  My Autumn card is complete....the colors blended nicely, Awww....I love Autumn!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Creatalicious #195

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous way to create your leaf. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing result with your leaf and it makes a stunning card. So glad you shared your work with us at the Crafters Cafe, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn and its magnificent colors are indeed there. You have been able to encapsulate this in a single leaf. Well done.
    Thanks for joining us at All Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. You are so clever! I never would have thought of using a leaf as a stamp. It turned out so good on your card! Thank you so much for linking up at Crafting Happiness Challenges this week. Hope you'll link up again! Don't forget to click on LIKE for all the other entries you like. The Most Liked Project will be featured on Sunday along with some of my favorite picks.
    Smiles!
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team Member @ Crafting Happiness Challenges
    My Craft Blog: PauseDreamEnjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Seasons challenge at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! WOW! WOW! I am in LOVE with this card!!! What a fabulous job! Now I want to go see what leaves I can find but I live in South Texas so I guess I'll have to go whatever is out there! Anyway, fantastic card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Good luck in our challenge¡
    Thanks for participating with us in CORROSIVE CHALLENGE BLOG
    HaideƩ
    Haideelum DT CCB
    Remember that you can also find us on Instagram, look for us as @corrosivechallenge

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!