Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Happy Surprises with a Stencil

 Hello and Happy Wednesday.  The weeks in September are flying by which got me thinking about the last hoorah for Summer.  Although I live in Florida, when the temperatures drop below 60 degrees at night, I am COLD and we are supposed to have cooler weather the next few days.

I wanted to create something with bright colors as I've been creating Autumn themed projects so I had a look through my stencils; which I seem to forget, and found a Feather Stencil.  Stencils are really making a comeback, so I proceeded to ink blend Worn Lipstick, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Inks over the stencil.


I placed the stencil so there would be a main focal and 2 half images.  To keep everything within a measured square, I taped the edges with low tack tape.  I splashed Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink mixed with water over the panel, cut a thin strip and heat embossed the sentiment, then placed clear sequins for a bit of sparkle.

I suppose this A2 card could be considered a Fall theme, who says Autumn has to be only Oranges, Brown, Yellows, Greens and Reds?

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:



11 comments:

  1. Oh I love feather images and this is just delightful!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool stencil and I love the way you blended the colors - just fabulous. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty feathers and colors. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments (and Crafty Catz)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty feather card,thanks for joining❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge over at CRAFTY CATZ. I like this project a lot and those feathers are so pretty, love the colours too. Best of luck with your entry. Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your project a lot! Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge over at Penny's Challenges. Looking forward to see you again!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Autumn feel is beautiful with a twist of colours. Thank you for joininb us at Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog. Sirisha DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. DELIGHTFUL card!
    LOVE your inky feathers and elegant design!
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these colors together. Those feathers are perfect. Thanks for joining us over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super cool card, Donna. I've been obsessed with feathers lately, and I was really drawn to your creation. The colors are FAB and the design is awesome as well. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and please stop by again soon.
    Blessings,
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!