Saturday, February 6, 2021

Sweet and Simple Stash Busting Day #1

 Hello and Happy Saturday!  I hope you and yours are well and staying healthy.  Today will begin a series of Sweet and Simple Stash Busting projects I've created using..yes..you guessed it..only items from my stash.  I have created the backgrounds and used embellishments to create 8 different cards.  I've created them specifically for St. Valentine's Day however they could be used for any occasion.

Today's project is Day #1, featuring an A2 sized card using Dollar Tree embellies, an ink smooshed background created with Picked Raspberry, Aged Maghony and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks along with a ribbon I've had in my stash for ages...and ages being over 2 years...untouched (can you believe that?).  .


I LOVE to buy all the latest and greatest (I need to stay off You Tube) but I NEED to use what's in my stash.  My craft area is starting to become overwhelming and when I find something I haven't opened in 2 years...that is my sign I need to stop buying and start using!  

Do you have a huge stash?  If my husband actually knew how much I have, he would just shake his head...but he rarely comes in my craft room and when he does, it's only to tell me something or ask if we have something (must be easier than looking for it...bless him).

I hope I inspire you to stash bust.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!
Donna

**Challenges Entered:
As You Like It (Sweetheart because I have 1 Sweetheart and I always think of him first)



12 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the Crafty Catz blog after linking up my own creation. This is really pretty! And Yeay for using up things from your stash--that's always a win in my book. I do have a ton of stuff in my stash that I never use or haven't used in a long time. Anyway, your stash produced a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful card, amazing what we find in our stash. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, such great use of your older stash- I seriously do need to use up some of mine! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering the AYLI challenge with your lovely card - good luck!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us on the challenge! You are so very right we DO need to use what is on our stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. Thanks for entering the Taylormadecards4U challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Thank you so much for joining us over at the Clever Dexter Challenge. Dexter loves your cleverly concocted creation and so do I! Hope to see you again in the next month. :) ---DT Coordinator Marj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Thank you so much for joining us over at the Dexter loves your cleverly concocted creation and so do I! Hope to see you again in the next month. :) ---DT - Lizzy Love---

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Thank you so much for joining us over at the Clever Dexter Challenge. Dexter loves your cleverly concocted creation and so do I! Hope to see you again in the next month. :) ---DT Coordinator Marj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to use items from your stash. I tend to collect all sorts of ephemera that 'might come in' so yes - my craftroom is a little busy!
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Dexter Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for Clever Dexter Challenge
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card!...thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles Gem of a craft challenge this week, hugs Nelly x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card design! Thank you for joining us at the Clever Dexter Challenge! DT -Monica

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!