Saturday, June 26, 2021

AECP - All About Layering 2

Hello Friends and Happy Saturday!  I'm back to share my 2 submissions for the Altenew Academy All About Layering 2 class.  This course continues with instruction on multi-layer stamping with different tones of inks to achieve visual impact and depth.  

For my first project, I used the Altenew Budding Thanks Stamp and Coordinating Die Bundle to create my A2 sized card. I stamped the solid leafy portion of the image on a snippet of card using a shade of teal green ink, matching up the outline portion and stamping over the solid with black ink.  I used black because I wanted high contrast against the green.  I matched up the floral bud portion to the leaf and stamped the 2 layers using a light and midtone yellow.  I did the same layered stamping for the stem.



I cut out the floral image and stem with the coordinating dies and aside to work on the focal panel, which I stenciled with Crackle Texture Paste tinted with yellow alcohol ink.  



After drying, the texture paste didn't have the deep cracks I'd hoped for, I think due to the alcohol ink I used to tint with.  The alcohol ink added moisture and prevented those deep cracks but it still cracked and looks nice nonetheless.

I stamped the sentiment from the Altenew Blissful Bud Stamp Set, trimmed out and mounted on foam pads along with the floral and stem; however the stem is only elevated at the top, the remainder is adhered flat to the textured card. Lastly, added my trusty sequins and this design is complete.

My 2nd project uses the Altenew Watercolor Blooms Stamp Set to create a one layer design.  I created a floral focal, slightly to the left of the card panel, stamp layering the floral buds and one set of leaves and branches.  I wanted a very colorful design so I choose a Pastel Color Scheme.


I have to admit, I started this panel 3 times as I just wasn't happy with the outcome of the 1st go, I dropped the black ink pad on the 2nd panel and as they say, the 3rd time is a charm...I like this one.



I stamped the sentiment from the Altenew Dearest Friends stamp set directly to the panel and the assignment is complete.  It was a great exercise in layering stamped images and now I'm ready to proceed to the next Course in Layering.  I hope you've enjoyed my post today, Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

Supplies Used:
Neenah Solar White Classic Crest 80 lb and 110 lb card
Catherine Pooler Inks
Ranger Crackle Texture Paste
Ranger Alcohol Inks
Versamark Onyx Black Pigment Ink
Art Glitter Glue Liquid Adhesive
Ocean Sequin Mix from Kat Scrappiness
Unbranded Stencil from Amazon

Challenges Entered:
As You Like It - Tip:  When not happy with the 1st try, keep going..it's only paper!



4 comments:

  1. Great cards Donna - I love the black layer on the leaves of the bud, and the crackle texture background is gorgeous!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love your tip, I must say it took me awhile to feel that way, but oh my goodness, it is so freeing! Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, the cards are beautiful!! Nice trick with the stem! Looks cool. I also like the texture on the first and the colours of the second. Third time is for sure a charm! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW ... These are just awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!