Friday, July 2, 2021

Altenew AECP - All About Layering 3

Hello Friends and Happy Friday!  Today I'm sharing my submission for the Altenew Academy All About Layering 3 course.  This course goes further in depth with instruction on multi-layer stamping and has lots of great tips and tricks to get a perfect layered image.

For my class project, I've used the new Altenew Bearded Iris Layering Stamp and Coordinating Die Bundle to create my A2 sized card. This is the newest set in the Build-a-Flower monthly subscription plan and it's a beauty.  

To start my card, I brought out the color wheel for a bit of color wheel theory on the design of this card.  I decided upon an Analogous + Complimentary color scheme.  For those not familar, Analogous are colors that are adjacent to each other on the color wheel and Complimentary are colors that are directly opposite each other.  So, my floral is stamp layered with Analogous colors and the background is a complimetary color.  


I stamped and heat embossed one of the iris images (this set contains 2 floral images) using embossing ink and Fine Detail Gold Embossing Power on Strathmore Watercolor card.  I started the stamp layering process with the other floral image in the set, first with the outline using black pigment ink and the layers using different shades of yellows and oranges.  The floral has 4 layers; the stem and leaf having 2.  The floral was a bit more intricate to line up but in no way difficult, just a bit of patience.


Setting aside the die cut floral, I watercolored the embossed panel with a light purple wash.  Purple is the complimentary color I mentioned earlier, it is complimentary to the yellow/orange floral.  With my heat tool and being careful not to skorch the embossing, I dried the panel thoroughly and adhered to the card base.  The sentiment was created using a manual Dymo Label Maker.  



The final touch to my assignment was adding faux lilac colored gems.  I hope you've enjoyed my post today, and appreciate you visiting.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

Supplies Used:
Neenah Solar White Classic Crest 110 lb card base
Strathmore Watercolor Card
Catherine Pooler Inks
Versafine Pigment Ink
Versamark Embossing Ink
Ranger Fine Detail Embossing Powder
Gansai Tambi Watercolors
Art Glitter Glue Liquid Adhesive
Art Class Faux Gems
Dymo Label Maker

Challenges Entered:

11 comments:

  1. Your iris, and background, are both gorgeous! A beautiful card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna this is exquisite - love your use of the colours and that gorgeous gold embossing of the outline stamp in the background!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous water coloured background for that beautiful Iris! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I wasn't going to buy this stamp but now I'm thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning CARD here and love your style, thanks for entering your project into this month's challenge, anything goes, and look forward to you joining us again.. Good luck in the final draw..

    [aNNie Design team member for Pattie's Creations challenge
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhh this is just soooooo very pretty!
    Thanks for watercolouring with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey gorgeous is right, this is gorgeous Donna!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you will join in again this week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and lovely motif :)
    Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers!
    (◠‿◠✿) DT Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the background on this card Donna especially with the gold running through it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Again, thanks for joining us at Sognando Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so nice. It goes perfectly with our theme “Anything Goes” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!