Thursday, August 5, 2021

Altenew Academy Level 1 Course: Easy Die Cutting Techniques

Hello Friends!  Today I'm sharing my project for the Altenew Educator Certification Program Level 1 Course:  Easy Die Cutting Techniques.  This is a great course, loaded with ideas and tips for easy but effective die-cutting.  My card features layered die cuts and ink blending.

I've used the Altenew Craft-A-Flower Morning Glory Die Set to create 4 Morning Glories and leaves in shades of Purples and Greens.  This is a lovely set and appears intimidating, but actually it was enjoyable and therapuetic putting the pieces together.


To start, I ink blended 80 lb. white card in the shades I wanted for the flowers and leaves.  I'll admit I have colored card to use but I was in the crafting zone, home alone, candle lit and ink blending just sounded relaxing.

After allowing the inked card to dry completely, I proceeded to die cut the pieces and here's a Tip:  I used small tin trays to keep all the die cuts separated; organizing by color.  Once all pieces were cut, I started adhering the pieces together with liquid adhesive.  The die set has a guide to assist you in putting the elements together so it was not intimidating at all.  Once the die pieces are together, they become dimensional, chipboard-like embellishments, which I like a lot!


Naturally, no card of mine would be complete without sparkle and/or shine so I brought out some gold foil Washi tape I've had in my stash for several holidays but why wait for the Christmas Season?  I applied the Washi to a 2" panel in a diagonal pattern and adhered to the 110 lb. card base.  

I did a dry run layout for the floral and leaves and once I was pleased with the look, using Press and Seal Plastic Wrap, I picked up the die cuts and applied liquid adhesive to the backs.  The Press and Seal keeps everything together and makes adhering the layout to the card quick and easy.

I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Altenew Amaryllis Layering Stamp and Coordinating Die Bundle, die cut with a circle die and mounted on craft foam before adhering to the card front.  Lastly, I applied enamel glitter dots for additional interest.

I enjoyed the process of creating this card and the course was very informative and inspiring.  This is the first layering die set I've put together and probably wouldn't have tried using these types of sets had it not been for the course.  I'm glad I took that step...now I do believe I'm hooked!

Thanks for visiting today and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:







13 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely. I enjoy morning glory flowers in real life too. They are so pretty. Especially when you see a large amount of them in one area. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card Donna - love the colours your created for your blooms, and they have gone together beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at Word Art Wednesday
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Donna. Thanks for joining our "Just Because" Challenge over @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those flowers are stunning. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thats stunning!

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Penny's paper crafty challenge blog. We love to see your awesome projects in our next challenges!
    Diana DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, oh, oh! :-D So excited for how these morning glories turned out! You did them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, this is gorgeous Donna! So many pieces but so pretty!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! I hope you join us again this week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning! Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab project! Thank you for sharing it with us at Penny's Challenges.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS use of your NBUS

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft and Create. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Lets Craft & create

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!