Saturday, August 7, 2021

Altenew Academy Level 1 Course: Irresistible Inking Techniques

Hello Crafty Friends!  Today, I'm sharing a card created for the Altenew Educator Certification Program, Level 1 Course:  Irresistible Inking Techniques.  This class shared great ideas for using inks in creative ways and I was inspired to dust off my Gelli Plate for some ink printing.

For my card, I've used the July Paint-A-Flower Fashion Monger Dahlia Stamp Set from Altenew for the focal on the card.  


To start my project, I inked up my Gelli Plate with various shades of greens, using a brayer for blending the inks.  After inking the Gelli plate, I laid my 8.5" x11" card over top and rubbed.  I did this process 3 times, building up the color.  I wanted pattern, so for the last press, I placed a vintage screen stencil on the inky gelli plate, laid my paper on, rubbed and the pattern was left.  I set this aside to dry thoroughly to work on the focal image.

I stamped the image with alcohol marker friendly ink and colored with alcohol makers.  The ink smeared in areas around the flower centers, which made me sad.  After looking at it and thinking I should toss it in the bin, I decided I could save it but using my embossing pen and gold fine detail embossing powder.  Tip:  Before tossing your project in the Bin, think of ways to save it.  


For assembly, I lightly inked an the area on the card base where the focal image would sit lightly with pink ink.  I fussy cut the floral image and adhered craft foam behind.  I splattered the inked card with White Acrylic Gloss Spray Ink and cut a banner panel, then adhered flat to the card base.  I placed the focal image and sentiment and lastly, added sequins for shine.  

This is the last class in the AECP Level 1 set of courses.  I now wait for my final assignment for Level 1 and if I'm fortunate, I will pass and be allowed to proceed to Level 2.  Fingers crossed please!

Take care and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:





18 comments:

  1. Wow this is absolutely stunning! I'm inspired to dust off my Gelli Plate and give this technique a go. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again.

    Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation those flowers are wonderful the colours and design are super thank you for joining our challenge at WLCB this month
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design, love your gelly background and the pink shadow behind the beautiful flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque August challenge.
    Good luck for your next level :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely Donna and such pretty summery colours, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,this is stunning! That pink is so vibrant and looks great against the gorgeous green panel you've created. So much work gone into this card and I'm so glad you were able to save it! Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work as always - thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation and lovely bright colours. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so glad you thought of a way to save this! It's absolutely gorgeous! Stunning colour combo and gorgeous vibrancy. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! I love the bright colors and cheerful feel. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantabulous! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and bright colours, lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love the banner for the background and the floral looks so good against it and very dimensional. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
    Susan
    Color Dare Challenges
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty with the banner behind the floral bouquet. Thanks for joining us at Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Crafter’s Castle! 🏰 Hugs! Mynn xx 💜

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, I love the banner background Thanks for joining in our August 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super:)Thanks for playing with us at Let's Craft and Create :)Ines DT
    http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
    https://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/http://

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful inking!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Keep crafting!
    Lj xx
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!