Monday, September 6, 2021

Inspiration Station Challenge #13 - Autumn Scenery

Hello and Happy Monday Friends!  Today begins a new fortnightly challenge at The Inspiration Station and the photo prompt this round is:


Wow, this is a gorgeous picture and could be intrepreted in so many ways!  Autumn, Travel, Trees, Leaves, Outdoors, etc.  I had so many ideas in my head when thinking of what to create for my design team project.  I decided to create an Autumn themed card with silhouette stamps.


I masked an area in the center of the card that, to me, appears to the the "road" in the photo and ink blended Catherine Pooler Inks along the sides.  After allowing the panel to dry completely, I stamped tree silhouette images from the Gina K. Designs Natural Silhouettes Stamp Set using Catherine Pooler Inks in shades of brown. 


Before adhering the focal panel to a brown mat, I die cut with a stitched rectangle nesting die from Kat Scrappiness and splattered with Gansai Tambi Metallic Gold Watercolor paint.  Lastly, twine and gold gems were added.

Please join us this round at The Inspiration Station.  We would love to see how you intrepret the inspiration photo.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:








8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Donna, and a great use of the photo prompt. Love it
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pathway you have created, Donna! I love that the path is full of light! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your trees and the sense of a road between them. I can understand your attraction to an Autumn if it is not something you get to experience. Trust me a wet Autumn with soggy leaves underfoot making it a slippery surface and mists making visibility poor especially night driving near rivers or ponds. Sorry if this disillusions you like so many things the romantic image is so much better than the reality! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Fall card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.
    Hugs!
    Farida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Donna! I always enjoy your cards. Thanks for joining us this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a stunning Autumn card - love the colors and the placement of the trees! A Great Card. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers challenge, elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very unique! Love the color palette!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Get Creative Challenges!


    Jill

    Tiny Treasure Workshop

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!