Saturday, October 9, 2021

Altenew Academy AECP Level 2: With A Twist

 Hello Friends and Happy Saturday!  Today I'm sharing my submission for the Altenew Academy Level 2 Course: With a Twist.  I had no idea what this course was going to entail but I was impressed with the "Twists" on familiar techniques.

For my project, I used the Faux Embossing Technique that was covered in the course.  I wasn't quite sure what faux embossing was and had a different idea of what it may be, only to be surprised this technique is easy to create and very effective.

I started with stamping several of the blooms and leaves from the Altenew Watercolor Blooms Stamp and Coordinating Die Bundle in an Autumn color palette.  After inks were thoroughly dry, I die cut all with the coordinating dies.


The "faux embossing" comes in because the die cuts appear to be embossed into the card panel and then colored; especially if the border around each die cut completely matches the card base.  In this case, I used 80 lb Neenah Solar White for the die cuts and 110 lb Solar White for the panel.


In this close-up, you can see the outline of each die cut, but in the 1st photo, the edges seem to blend in.  It's a brilliant trick of the eye and a wonderful technique to try.  I fell utterly in love with this look and very pleased to have learned something new.  Each Altenew Academy course I've completed has taught me something new; whether it be a new technique or a spin on a tried and true technique....a "Twist" if you like.  For the final touch, I've added Chocolate Gems throughout the panel.

Thanks for stopping by and taking your time to read my post, I appreciate your visit and comments.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
 











5 comments:

  1. A pretty design to your card, many thanks for joining in this weeks 'Embellish it' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card with this fun faux embossing technique, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Donna. Love the technique, and you have use such vibrant colours on this spectacular card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Wonderful techniques. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!