Saturday, January 22, 2022

Altenew Academy Level 2 Course: Impressive Heat Embossing

Hello Crafty Friends!  Today I'm sharing a card created for the Altenew Academy Level 2 Course:  Impressive Heat Embossing.   I love to heat emboss so this class was right up my alley.  This course covered tips, tricks and techniques for adding heat embossing in ways that differ from the standard stamp and heat embossing method.  

For my card, I've used the Altenew "Here For You" Stamp and Coordinating Die Bundle to create a Sweet and Simple Card....my term for a Clean and Simple Card that had a bit more pizazz.


  1. To start my design, I stamped and heat embossed the large coneflower using watermark ink and fine detail Gold Embossing Powder.  The flower was cut using the coordinating die.
  2. Using Staedtler Watercolor Pencils, I've watercolored the floral and leaves then set aside to dry.
  3. To prepare the background, I created a frame using an Embossing Pen and Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder.  TIP:  I scored the panel at 1/4" on each side before going over the line with the embossing pen. This created a "trough" and gave the embossing dimension.  
  4. The sentiment, from the same set, was stamped with watermark ink and heat embossed with the same gold powder.
  5. To create additional interest in the background, I splattered the card with water, sprinkled with powder and heat embossed again.  The powder will stick to the water droplets and this technique was one shared in class.  I never thought to use water instead of watermark ink to emboss with.
  6. Lastly,  I've adhered the panel to a 110 lb. card base, popped the floral on craft foam for dimension and placed it on the embossed panel.

This completes my class project and I'm impressed with the result.  The Altenew Academy classes have taught me so much and it's been a fun time learning so many cool tips and techniques.  I have 2 more classes to go before compeleting Level 2.  I'll be back with another AECP project soon.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
AYLI - Favorite coloring medium is alcohol markers but my next fav is watercolor as in this project






11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Donna! Your coloring is awesome and I especially love the gold embossing. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Donna, and I love all the gold embossing and differing ways you have applied it.
    Thank you for sharing this elegant card with us at Word Art Wednesday this week
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the card. I love the border that you crated too!! Thank you for sharing your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very gorgeous card, Donna ! Love your watercoloring of this beautiful cornflower. And your design is wonderful with all this gold embossing (great tips BTW). Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi yet again, Donna! (We can't go on meeting like this lol!) Your watercolouring is lovely (not a technique that I am very good at!) and once again your colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining in again at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I like the gold details. Thanks so much for linking up to the DRU challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love your embossing. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards
    Danka
    TTCRD
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply stunning, Donna and I love your tip for embossing a frame!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous make, thanks so much for sharing and for joining the AYLI Favourite Colouring Medium challenge. Hugs Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful watercolour and I love the splatter and frame! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Watercolour:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!