Monday, February 21, 2022

Inspiration Station Challenge #24 - Court Jester / Mardi Gras

Hello and Happy Monday!  Today begins a new bi-weekly challenge at The Inspiration Station.  The inspiration photo is a festive one and here it is:


This photo immediately brought to mind Mardi Gras.  My husband and I visited New Orleans for Mardi Gras very early in our marriage.  He had a leave from the Military, we were living in Columbus Georgia and I was expecting our oldest son.  We decided to spend the week in New Orleans and Wow, what an experience!  We were walking down Beale Street and a "Court Jester", much like this one, gave me a handful of bead necklaces.  We had a great time that week and I think the visit may have inspired my son in the womb...he has always been mischievious and a practical Joker!

My DT card today features the Harlequin Digital Stamp from The Paper Shelter.  I've had this digi stamp in my collection and totally forgot about it until I started a search for this challenge.


I've colored the image with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers and stenciled the background with a diamond stencil I created using my Cricut Cutting Machine.  The sentiment is from an OLD Recollections stamp set and is heat embossed using fine detail white powder.  The card measures 5.5" square and Gunmetal sequins have been added for sparkle and shine.  



Please join us this round at The Inspiration Station.  Our sponsor this round is the talented Alex Syberia Design, who is offering a Gift Voucher to her Etsy Shoppe.  

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:

Allsorts - I love Bright colors and stenciling









 

19 comments:

  1. That image totally reflects the inspiration picture! Great Fun card and I'm impressed that it is a digital image. (You know my feelings about them hehe)
    Not surprised that in a fun loving family your eldest is a prankster and our challenge looks set for another 2 weeks of fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME Donna! What a fun image and you've colored it perfectly! OMG what a funny fact that your son is/was so mischievous ... yep, must have been that jester! LOL Have a great day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colouring on your image and great stencilling. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That image is just perfect for the inspiration pic. Beautifully coloured and your stencilling is fab too. Thanks for taking part in my challenge theme of I love at Allsorts this week.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Nice and bright colours! Hugs Ela

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super fun creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'I love....' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome use of the inspiration photo Donna, and a gorgeous card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely image and beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at INTAAS. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving how you colored this fabulous image and your card is beautiful, although not usually a fan of clowns but this is really pretty and the diamond stenciling is perfect match for the image.
    Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous! Love everything about your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card and thanks for sharing at crafty catz hope to see you joining in our Anything Goes challenges again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card with great colour choices. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - I love this! The image is very pretty and your background suits it perfectly.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun and festive card! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colouring and lovely card
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great colors and you really used the inspiration in such a brilliant manner. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Love the image and your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun great card, nice coloring! Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Happy Crafting!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  19. This image ROCKS!! I love the way you colored it in and that background is perfect!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    Cupcake Inspirations
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!