Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Ornamental Flowers

Hello Everyone and Happy Wednesday!  I've managed to get some time in the craft room this morning and I've created a card using this gorgeous layering stamp set from Altenew titled Ornamental Flower.  

The florals in this set have 10 layers, the leaves have 3 layers, so using Catherine Pooler Inks and color inspiration from the stamp packaging, I stamped 2 large blooms and 6 sets of leaves however I've only used 4 leaves in this design.


I understand 10 different stamp layers sounds intimidating but it's not and all the layers created the most gorgeous flower with so much detail!  The trick, in my honest opinion, is to settle in and take it slow.  No rushing here...jsut have fun with it and be amazed at how it turns out.


I started with Pink ink and worked my way through Coral, Reddish Orange, Crimson, Mint, Aqua, Teal, Caribbean Blue.  I wouldn't have originally thought to use these colors together but they are bright, cheerful and give me a Tropical Island Vibe.



I've created a stamped panel using smaller leaves and 3 of the same colors used in the flowers.  I trimmed this panel down to 3.75" x 5", popped on craft foam and adhered to the cardbase with liquid adhesive.  

The sentiment is from the Altenew Paint-A-Flower White Swan Echinacea Stamp Set and has been heat embossed.  The flowers and leaves have been fussy cut, arranged and adhered flat to the stamped panel using liquid adhesive.

Thanks so stopping by today, until next time - Happy Crafting!

Donna





**Challenges Entered:
The Card Concept - Inspired by the Flowers and colors











 

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful flower Donna, and you have made a stunning card using the layered stamps!!
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday with this fabulously designed and stamped card.
    Blessings
    Maxine WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Donna...this is stunning. I always love seeing your amazing art. THanks so much for sharing and playing along at The Card Concept. We're blessed to have your creativity linked to our challenges, and we all hope you'll play along again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    THe Card Concept

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This colouring is superb - love that bright red! Fabulous. layering! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday ,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful creation, Donna. Love these flowers, they are so unique! Thanks so much for sharing again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my friend!
    This is so sweet and the coloring is awesome as well. I always enjoy stopping by your wonderful blog. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your wonderful art with us, and please visit again soon.
    Blessings,
    karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning card. I love the brightness of the flowers and the subtle tones of the leaves. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!