Wednesday, April 20, 2022

You Light Up the World!

Hello and Happy Wednesday!  Today, I'm sharing an Art Journal page I've created using images from Art by Marlene.  It's been a very long time since I've had a play and created a page for my journal, so I decided to get inky and create something colorful.


I cut a 5x7" piece of heavy watercolor card so I could adhere it into my journal as I typically do not use the actual pages in the journal.  The pages of the journal can handle the products but I prefer to use a separate piece of card and adhere to the journal page.  

I've colored the panel with Dylusions Ink Sprays to create the base color and after completely dry, I started adding stamped images using Ranger Archival Inks in black and coordinating colors to the background.


I've splattered the dried panel with White and Black Acrylic sprays and after dry, I started adhering fun images from Art by Marlene, using Matte Gel Medium on top and bottom.  I wanted the images to become non porous so I could use my PITT Artist Markers later to add highlights and shading. 


To finish up my art journal page, I've added a black border and some white highlights to the images with a White Gelly Roll Pen.  I hope to make more art journals in the future, it was so nice to just have a play with my inks and mixed media products.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

** Challenges Entered:
Art Journal Journey - inspired by the song You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone













9 comments:

  1. I love those Art by Marlene images. They are so much fun, as is your page. I love those bright happy colors. I'm glad you shared this page with us for Alison's challenge at ARt Journal Journey. Thanks. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun Donna and so very bright and happy, dare I don my tutu I wonder as she having a real ball, thanks so much for joining us at River of Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Journal page. Thank you for joining us at The Fairy and the Unicorn Fantasy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page. I love the colours and how quirky this is, just super. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyful cheerful page all those wonderful colours layers and brilliant stamping as you can guess this is right up my street, even with the fairy!!! Thank you for adding to the River of Creativity xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card with pretty detail work .. love the image
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous, fun and colourful page Donna!
    That's a lovely song too that inspired it.
    Thanks for linking up to my theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, colorful card. I especially love the sun. Thank you so much for sharing your work us at Make the Cards Challenge and we hope that you can join us again soon.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining CUYL!
    Greetings from Germany,
    Steffie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!