Monday, August 29, 2022

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge - Birds

Hello and Happy Last Monday of August.  This is also the 5th Monday of the month which signals a themed challenge at the Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge.

Our theme this week is Birds and there is a Gift Voucher up for grabs from Power Poppy.  For my team project, I've created a Twisted Easel Christmas Card using the Season of Serenity Digital Stamp from Power Poppy.  The Holiday Season is fast approaching so no time like the present to get started on those Christmas Cards.


To start, I've printed the image on Canson Mixed Media paper in order to watercolor.  The mixed media paper is medium weight, handles water great and my printer does not struggle to print on it.  Using my Staedtler Watercolor pencils, I've colored the image and splattered the panel with gold watercolor paint.  


I've created mats using patterned paper, die cut the focal image and sentiment using dies from Cheery Lynn Designs which were purchased via Amazon.  I've adhered the mats and focal panel flat while popping up the sentiment in order to act as a "stopper".

I tire of creating the standard top folding cards in Landscape and Portrait orientations but rarely have time to create fun folds or rather I should say I don't take the time to sit still and create them.  Easel and Twisted Easels create a lovely presentation and are quick to make.

Join us at the challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies this week, we would love to see your Bird-inspired projects.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:













13 comments:

  1. Donna: This is a beautiful Christmas card with the holly surrounding the blue jay! or maybe it's the jay sitting on the holly! Thanks for including MTTCC in your linkups! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna your card is beautiful, I love it. Thank you for joining the Festive Fridays challenge, at the Outlawz challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for joining Festive Fridays challenges
    Val DT - Leader

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Donna, and the twisted easel is a beautiful way to showcase that image that you have coloured so beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful twisted easel card, Donna! I just love your sweet bird image. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card. The twisted easel displays the lovely image perfectly.
    Thanks for joining us again.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your easelcard is amazing with a lovely image and beautiful colours.
    Lia DT POE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, I have never tried this fun fold but it's definitely in your wheel house! I also have never tried to print on watercolor paper. Thanks for the encouragement. Your card is stunning.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little bird and the colours you've used have made a very pretty card.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty image - beautifully coloured and beatifully mounted! I love the twisted easel opening too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at 613 The Avenue Create! Hope to see you on the front porch again soon,
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pastel Christmas shades as a change from the very bright and bold. Lovely card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge 609 - hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely project Donna. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!