Friday, August 26, 2022

Respond with Grace

Hello Friends and Happy Fri-YAY!  I hope you have something special planned for this weekend.  It's been a very hot, rainy and humid day here today so I decided the best way for me to pass the time indoors was to play with alcohol inks. 



To start the process, I've used Ranger and Jacquard alcohol inks in shades of cranberry, ginger, latte, mocha, gunmetal and bronze along with Tree-Free non-absorbent card. This is not Yupo paper, I've found an alternative that comes in sheets of  8x12"card that's 300 gsm/140 lb. and 20 sheets to the pack.  If you're interested, you can find it at the USA Amazon Site HERE.  


Using the Fantasy Floral 3-D layering Die Set from Altenew, I've die cut all the floral layers from the alcohol inked card.  I've die cut a triangle stitched frame, embossed a 3.75 x 5" cream colored card panel and cut the leaves from olive green card.  To give the leaves added interest, I've finger creased them which gave them some shape.


Before embossing the panel, I stamped the sentiment, from the Altenew Magnificent Branch Stamp Set, using Rich Cocoa Ink from Memento.  I did a "dry run" with the arrangement before adhering to the panel.  Once happy with the look, I picked everything up with Press & Seal Cling Wrap, popped the florals on craft foam and adhered the arrangement to the panel.  Lastly, I've added peach enamel dots to complete the design.

That's all I have for you this Friday.  I wish you a wonderful weekend and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Word Art Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. Love this Donna - the flowers are fabulous in the alcohol inks, and I love the sentiment and how you have framed it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and love the fabulous flowers.Thank you for joining us at TTCRD
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love the embossing and the beautiful flowers. Thanks for saying how you got to this marvellous result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Donna. Just an FYI - that link doesn't work. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youre card is so gorgeous, I love it !! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Craft Rocket Challenge Blog.
    Ilonka DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the flowers! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Donna, your color mix is so unexpected and gorgeous! Love it! So glad that you join the fun with August Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your alcohol inked roses turned out, so very beautiful and a stunning card design!
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! Hope you'll stop by again tomorrow when a new linky will be posted!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!